Mindy, Home Buyer in Morris County, NJ

I hear they close Skline Drive in RIngwood when it snows. How often does this happen?

Asked by Mindy, Morris County, NJ Wed May 21, 2008

Answers

2
I live in Ringwood and have traveled over Skyline Drive many times during all kinds of weather. My experience has been that they keep on top of Skyline Drive to keep it open and are very quick to salt the roadway. Traffic accidents have caused more issues than snow. I've been in Ringwood 10 years and have encountered a few times during the times I've traveled over Skyline that it was closed mostly due to an accident. There are three ways in and out of Ringwood. Skyline Drive, Ringwood Ave/Greenwood Lake Turnpike and Sloatsburg Road to route 17. I use to work in Hackensack NJ which is in Bergen County. During heavy snow I used route 17 North to Sloatsburg Rd. Not because of Skyline Drive, but because of the traffic on Route 208 north.

If you'd like more information about Ringwood, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sharon Cole
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
824 Franklin Avenue
Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417
Cell 973 818 7919
email: sharon.cole@cbmoves.com
Hi Judy,

Some years it will happen 5 or 6 times. Other years it will not happen at all.

-Marc
Web Reference: http://www.marcpaolella.com