Arturo, Other/Just Looking in Alpharetta, GA

I have two questions. I'm going to be in Alpharetta next week. At what time I must depart to arrive before 7PM to the Braves park (4/17) and what are

Asked by Arturo, Alpharetta, GA Mon Apr 8, 2013

my transportation options? The 2nd is that my plane leaves from Atlanta at 7:30PM on Friday, what time I must leave to be there at least 5:00PM?
Thanks in advance. Arturo

Answers

4
Thanks to Y'all. Been very kind and helpful.
There is no good mass transit options to the Braves park from Alpharetta vs. just driving there. I would leave about 5:30 pm since this is rush hour and you never know what traffic will be like and there is a lot to see at the stadium before the game. If you take MARTA, you have to get to a train station along 400 (which means you have to go down to the station between Northridge & Abernathy Road), then transfer at least once and get on a bus to get to the park. Not worth it!

Going to the airport from Alpharetta, make sure you leave again at least 1 hour plus (to be safe make it 1-1/2 hours) and take hwy 400 to hwy 285 to camp creek parkway (this way you don't have to go through downtwon). Depending on the gate you are leaving from, leave a lot of time once you arrive at the airport.

Hope that helps!

Kathy

Katherine L. Morrison, CRS
Team Realty Group
Alpharetta, GA
404-697-4626 (direct)
kathy@chipandkathy.com
Arturo, I notice the second part of the question wasn't answered, but to be at the airport by 5 pm on Friday, you should leave by 4 pm, that way you will have plenty of time, even if there are delays.
Since you are leaving from Alpharetta you will be near Highway 400. Exit 5 at the Marta station. Take the Marta train the Atlanta Underground Shopping Station, follow the signs to above ground where Marta buses will be waiting to take you to the Braves stadium. The entire trip will take an hour and $4

Have a great time at the game!