Movingtodenv…, Home Owner in 80111

I am moving to the Arapahoe Lake neighborhood in Englewood, CO. How far is the commute to downtown during rush hour?

Asked by Movingtodenver, 80111 Wed Aug 3, 2011

Answers

2
I live in the neighborhood adjacent to Arapahoe Lake, it's 30-45 minutes during rush hour and one hour plus with snow. The nice thing is that it's TOTALLY worth the drive because our area is Amazing. There's also a light rail station just about 1/2 mile from that neighborhood so it's an easy, stress free process if you choose to take that.

Have you decided on a house yet?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 22, 2011
Hello Moving!
Google Maps says 23 minutes from Arapahoe Lake to 17th and Broadway. But, I bet Google Maps has never been on the Interstate during rush hour. That is a heavily traveled corridor. I would add 10 to 20 minutes on a non-snow day. Evans, I-225 and Santa Fe turn into near gridlock during most drives. On a winter day with 6 inches of snow on the ground, you can encounter substantial delays. Turning off the freeway at Lincoln doesn't save any time, according to Google.

There's always light rail. Ride and walk or cycle to your downtown destination.

Denver needs more car pool lanes.

SuZ
PML of Longmont, CO