Cdjohns5, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

I am considering moving to San Francisco. I have a possible job in the Belmont/San Carlos area. Would the?

Asked by Cdjohns5, San Francisco, CA Tue May 5, 2009

commute be worth it? I am considering taking the caltrain as opposed to driving. Does anyone either drive or ride this route?

Answers

3
Ryan’s answer
There are numerous ways to get down to Belmont and San Carlos from the city. In addition to the newer developments in SOMA, you can also check out the Mission, Bernal Heights or Noe Valley as they are close to BART and you can take BART to Millbrae and pick up Caltrain there. It is about a 35 minute drive from SOMA or the places I listed above to Belmont and San Carlos. I know numerous people who this commute on a daily basis because they enjoy city living and the commute is not mind numbing.

Ryan Taylor
rtaylor@ciriosre.com
415-217-0012
Web Reference: http://www.ciriosre.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 6, 2009
CDJohns5,

Both these answers are right. The commute should be fine because it's opposite of what most people will be traveling.

Hope this helps!

Tony Abad
Realty World
925/325-9546

http://www.TonyAbad.com
Cd,

This issue is a very subjective matter. A lot depends on what time of day you'll be traveling, what kind of hours you'll work, and how you want to spend your free time. Are you married and/or thinking about having children? Many avid city lovers end up moving to the suburbs once they have children so you might keep that in mind as well.

I think the most important thing you could do right now to answer that question definitively one way or the other is make the commute yourself at what will be your normal work times and see if it is tolerable or not.

As for taking the train, many places in SOMA, South Beach, and Mission Bay are short walks to the CalTrain station by the ball park, as are locations in Potrero/Central Waterfront for the 22nd St Station. If city living is important to you there are many options available in terms of life style and price range.

Best of Luck,

Lance King/Managing Broker
415.722.5549
lance@fixedrateproperties.com