Ana, Other/Just Looking in Macedonia, OH

How to get from Ocean Grove to Manhattan and how much it will cost? By bus and by taxi?

Asked by Ana, Macedonia, OH Tue Mar 11, 2008

Answers

5
From Ocean Grove, you can probably walk to Asbury Park train station.

here are the fares
Adult One Way $12.00
Child/Senior/Disabled One Way $5.50
Adult Off-Peak Round Trip* $20.50
Child Off-Peak Round Trip* $10.25
Ten Trip $120.00
Weekly $103.50
Monthly $340.00
Student Monthly $255.00

Here is a link for schedules
http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=Tra…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 18, 2008
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
Without a doubt, the train is the way to go. You can take the Garden State Parkway to the NJ Turnpike and drive in, but the problem then becomes parking. It can be hard to find a spot, many of the streets are metered (1 hour parking max), and the garages are expensive. Takes about 50 min to drive in.

NJ Transit is fast, reliable and relaxing. It takes longer (about and hour, 20 min) but you don't have the hassle of parking
The NJ Transit bus takes approx. 2 hours and fare is $15. You can compare bus/train fees as well as departure/arrival times (link below). There is a morning express train that cuts travel time by 1/2 hour.
I just spoke to a friend who is in Ocean Grove. The last time she took the train it cost $18. It is 1 hour 20 minutes for the early morning express train, but the local train (with lots of stops) takes closer to 2 hours. Apparently, you switch in Long Brance, although she thinks they should be moving to a direct train soon. Hope this helps.
There is a train station in Bradley Beach and another in Asbury Park. Both towns are very close (about 5 minutes away, by car). Depending on where in Ocean Grove, you could walk to the Asbury train stop. I have been told it is a 1.5 hour train ride to Manhattan, but I'm sorry to say I don't know the cost.