Dawn Mikulich, Both Buyer and Seller in Chicago, IL

How's traffic from Lake in the Hills to the Crystal Lake metra station? or to Pingree Metra during am/pm rush?

Asked by Dawn Mikulich, Chicago, IL Fri Jul 4, 2008

Answers

4
I grew up near the train station in CL. Traffic isn' that bad at all. Randall Road can be a bit rough during rush hour. The intersection of Virginia and Rakow can be a little dicey as well but I think in the worst traffic it should still take around 20 minutes depending where exactly you are coming from. There are plenty of alternate routes to avoid the main roads (Randall, Rt 14, etc.)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 6, 2008
Dawn-

What part of Lake in the Hills are you thinking about? I lived in Crystal Lake for 12 years and my sister is off of Lakewood & Ackman. The traffic can be pretty tough during rush hour on Ackman Road (especially when schools go back...Crystal Lake South is right over there).

If you avoid Randall Road and travel up McHenry, that may be easier to get to the Downtown station. Rakow Road is heavily traveled as well as 14.

My best advice is to try different routes during rush hour to see how long it will take you to get to either station.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 6, 2008

I don't know the area you're talking about, so I can't provide a good answer. However, I can provide a comment on the previous answer...that Realtors are forbidden by their Code of Ethics to answer such questions. Poppycock! Of course we can answer those questions. So, keep asking. It's a good, valid question, and one any competent Realtor should be willing to provide.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA