Mandy, Home Buyer in Newark, NY

How bad is the rush hour commute from the Marlborough MA area to Providence RI? Any guidance is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Asked by Mandy, Newark, NY Wed Apr 10, 2013

I live right off 495 in Marlborough and am considering a job located on Westminster Street in Providence. Considering my current commute is to Boston and a NIGHTMARE, Providence might be a better option for me. I have flex hours, and could go in as early as 7am to as late as 9am. According to different maps, it looks like taking 495 all the way would be the best bet mileage-wise. Would 495 to 95 be any better?

Answers

4
Good Morning Mandy,

It would for sure be a lot better than getting into Boston!!!
You can't go 495 the whole way to Providence? The best way for sure would be 495 to 95 South. For the most part you generally won't hit too much traffic until you hit Pawtucket area in am....and even that is nothing like what you are used to. You might on occasion hit some traffic at the 295 split in Attleboro, but as long as you get in the left lanes you should be able to avoid most of that.

I had a friend who was commuting from Marlborough to Cumberland and it took her about 45 minutes on average. You would probably be looking at closer to an hour commute.

At 7am you wouldn't hit any traffic, it is for sure heavier between 8-8:30.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 10, 2013
Hi Mandy, I would think that your commute to Boston would be a lot more congested than to Providence. You would just get onto 495 and that would be a pretty smooth trip without much traffic then you would hop on 95. The only traffic you would hit, I believe, is when you get to Pawtucket/Providence, but your commute would be much easier than going to Boston. Seeing that your hours are flexible, you would probably be better off to test the waters and see which times work best for you. Good luck and if you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Elaine Blomenberg
Albert Realtors
401-225-0316
http://www.topnotchrealestateinri.com
That commute isnt bad at all because you are on 495 big hgwy and not bad at all, its 95 and 93 near boston that's a nightmare.
This is great - thanks Gina!
Flag Wed Apr 10, 2013
It can be bad during the typical rush hour times 5-6. It's not bad early as 7 or late as 8+, though. Either 495 or 495/95 is fine and pretty comparable.
Thanks for the tip, Joshua. Good to know tardiness would be less likely on my WAY to work - definitely a plus!
Flag Wed Apr 10, 2013