Michigan Ref…, Other/Just Looking in Malvern, PA

How bad is the commute from Malvern to Collegville?

Asked by Michigan Refugee, Malvern, PA Wed Jul 15, 2009

I am moving to the area from Michigan for a job in Collegville and am considering a townhome in Malvern. It looks like I could commute to Collegeville via Rt. 29, but am wondering how snarled up that route gets northbound in the morning and southbound in the evening?

Answers

4
On mornings when I've been on 29 going toward Collegeville it has seemed that most of the traffic is coming from Phoenixville/Collegeville going south. What do you consider heavy or snarled up traffic? Depends on what you're used to as to whether what you find here will seem more than you'd like.
Web Reference: http://www.MainLineWest.com
Hi there! First of all, congrats on your new job opportunity! Collegeville is an AWESOME place to live (I've lived here for the past dozen years...and just LOVE it!:)

Prior to entering the real estate industry, I worked as a lawyer in a Philly firm's satellite office in Malvern...the commute was not bad at all! As noted by Jennifer below, there definitely are alternative routes you could take.

I'd love to chat with you about these alternative routes -- as well as your real estate needs if you haven't yet hired a Buyer's Agent (by the way, if you do have a Buyer's Agent, feel free to ask her/him this question.....s/he should be able to give you guidance in this regard....please don't worry about asking these kinds of questions of your Realtor...it's our job!:)

Good luck and blessings to you..........

Warmly,
Judy
Judy May, Esquire, REALTOR
"A Refreshingly Different Real Estate Experience"
http://www.JudysFineHomes.com
Judy.May@Century21.com
CENTURY 21 Alliance
2828 Audubon Village Dr.
Audubon PA 19403
O: (610) 666-0202 x. 226
C: (610) 324-5240 (preferred)
F: (610) 666-1942

Search 1000s of homes!
http://www.CollegeevilleAreaHomes.com

I would not take 29 from Malvern to Collegeville. There is a much easier, less traveled route that will get you there more quickly. You would take Rt. 30 and make a left on Valley Road, a quick right onto Swedesford road and another quick left back onto Valley. Then a quick right onto Yellow Springs and a quick left onto Diamond Rock which then turns into Country Club, crosses over 23, turns into Ferry Lane. A right onto Pawlings Road and then a left right at the park which brings you around the Lowe's shopping center. You would then make a right onto Egypt Road and a left onto Black Rock Road and you will be on 29 in Collegeville. I know that is alot of turns however it is truly about a 15-20 minute commute.

If you need any additional information please let me know!

Jennifer Daywalt, Realtor
Re/Max Results Realty
Top Agent 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
Top Realtor in Phoenixville
610-999-7693 Direct
610-489-7355 Main
Sellinghomesjenn@aol.com
Only potential site for traffic snarl would be through Phoenixville using Rt 29, mainly due to traffic lights. Otherwise, the rest of the route should move along fairly well.