Doglover, Home Buyer in Howell, NJ

Hi. Interested in Howell, NJ...moving from Virginia. Husband's job is in Midtown Manhattan. Ok area? How would commute be?

Asked by Doglover, Howell, NJ Mon Jul 2, 2012

we have children in elementary and middle school.

Answers

9
Joan Congilose CRS,CDPE,GRI’s answer
Your husband would probably have to take the bus into NY and there are sevral park n ride locations along the major highway to leave your car. The commute from Howell takes about 90 minutes .If you need more information or help with your move feel free to contact me.I service Howell as well as towns North of there

Joan Congilose
RE/MAX Central
(732) 972-1000 x 364
(732) 232-5277
Commute would be by express bus. It is about a 1 hour and 10 minute bus ride.
Yes- you can easily commute to NYC. There is an express bus from route 9 and Aldrich road that will get to Port Authority directly. We presently have a home listed in Monmouth Ridings that is 5 bedrooms. Easily commutable and the Land o pines school is fabulous.
Hi...
I have lived in Howell for the past 27 years, and have raised my three children here. I can tell you first hand that the schools here are terriffic, as I have worked in Middle School North for 20 years.

Central Howell is an excellent place to be, as you have route 9 which connects to 195 which leads to
the Parkway North of South. You are 20 minutes from the beaches and 10 minutes to Freehold Mall.
There are parks to enjoy bicycle riding, walking and jogging.

From route 9 you can take a commuter bus that goes into the Port Authority in NYC, which connects to the trains that will take you anywhere you want to go. The bus takes about 1 hour, 1 hour 15 minutes to get into the city.

Good luck to you...

If you are looking for a nice home, we are selling ours without a real estate. It is a four bedroom 2.5 bath home with a basement. The kitchen has just been done with cherry cabinettes granite counters and has a marble floor. The roof, air, heating system, windows, have all been replaced with in the past few years.

We are located at 11 Remsen Drive in Howell, and are selling the home because it is just too big for us, as the children have all moved on.

Good luck to you
Rachelle Hafey
RHafey@hotmail.com
Hi....

Howell a nice town and has experienced major growth In the past ten years, however the commute to midtown is not something that will allow much family time. Depending on the mode of transportation it is at the minimum one and a half hours on a good day.....there are many others communities that would serve your needs with great school systems....If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Diane agent. 732 859 2376
Hi- Howell is a great area close to Routes 195 and Route 9. If you wanted to commute to NYC you would have to travel by bus. If you wanted to be closer to the Garden State Parkway and the train, there are other area that might suit you. Please give us a call and we will gladly send you listings in areas that we think will fit! Thanks Karen and Starr
Rated as one of the “Top 100 Places to Live” by CNN/MONEY.com, Howell Township offers a quality of life that’s second to none. Howell Township is a municipality in Southern Monmouth County, New Jersey. The township is bordered by Freehold, Jackson, Farmingdale and Wall Township. Howell provides its residents with a suburban lifestyle with convenient access to all of the big city amenities that the New York City and Philadelphia metros afford. Future homebuyers will be pleased to know that Howell Township’s housing market is diverse, affordable, and quite frankly, charming. Brick-styled single-family homes and condos surrounded by wooded and rural landscaping give residents a wonderful respite after a day of commuting into the city for work. Horse properties and farms also dot the landscape of Monmouth County.

Families enjoy raising their children here in Howell and they know that the excellent school systems will take care of their children’s educational needs. Howell Township is also a great place for retirees, professionals, and for those who love living near the gorgeous beaches of the Jersey shore. For those who’d like to spend the day out in the city, Howell’s public transportation is one of the best. Residents can easily take I-195, the New Jersey Turnpike, or the Garden State Parkway just to get in and out of the area and into the city. Pairing quiet suburban living with big city conveniences, the 51,000 residents of Howell Township already know that this is quality living at its finest. Come and see what so many others have already discovered here in Howell Township.

Please visit my Howell Twp Real Estate website

http://www.johnmeekerhomes.com/HowellTwpHomes.html

John Meeker
Keller Williams Realty - Monmouth/Ocean
732-910-2593
Hi, the commute from Howell would be rought 1 hr 30 min. If you wanted to cut some time off the commute, I can suggest other areas. If you would like, my # 732 691-1668. or email me at steven.porzio@cbmoves.com

Steve Porzio
Coldwell Banker
Realtor Associate
http://www.stevenporzio.com
Hello.. Howell is a great town with a fantastic school system... The commute to midtown is typically traveled by bus in this area in about an hour and a half depending in traffic. There are many equally as nice towns that may cut some time off the commute as they are further north , however you will tend to get more for your money in Howell.

If you need any further info about the area, don't hesitate to contact me at 917-217-0599. Good luck! Valerie