Premnath, Renter in Seawynds, Gilbert, AZ

Does anyone live near Ray and Kyrene in Chandler, AZ? There is a house that we like that has a railway track right to the side of the yard?

Asked by Premnath, Seawynds, Gilbert, AZ Wed May 25, 2011

The house is in a great neighborhood that I would not even consider to buy in because of the price range. But, being close to the railway track, this house is affordable. I am wondering how much noise or traffic would this (looks like freight) track have near Ray and Kyrene in Chandler, AZ

Answers

9
Oh my gosh, that's terrible asking the Realtor for their commission. Their commission is already cut by the banks, sales prices and staff they have to pay to process transactions in this real estate environment. A GOOD Realtor will NOT give you any of their commission, but a NEW Realtor might do that for you. I would rather work with the best agent. You always get what you pay for.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 25, 2011
Dear Premnath:

There will be noise and patterns could change over time.

Another thing to consider is resale value. Future buyers will have the same concern that you are having.

There is no reason not to buy if you get a fantastic price. However, ask yourself if you will be questioning your decision for years to come. A train is like an elephant in the living room. Even if you try to ignore it, you know it is still there.

May I wish you the best.

Jeff Masich, Realtor
Arizona Homes and Land
HomeSmart
Web Reference: http://ArizonaHomesLand.com
I'm a Realtor and have resided at Ray and Kyrene in Warner Wanch 4 for the last 16 yrs. and there has never been an issue or any complaints that I'm aware of. You may occasional hear the train in the evening but no biggie, and yes, you are correct, it's only a freight train. Please contact me if you have any further question as I'm very familiar with the area and neighborhood
I live near Elliot and my home faces Kyrene. Since my bedroom happens to be on that side of the house I do hear the freight train, more at night and particularly during the seasons of open windows and fresh breezes. I like it and I don't recall it ever being a topic of conversation with my neighbors so I assume that none of us find that it alters our quality of life. It's certainly a matter for individual consideration though.
If it will diminish the value of the home when you sell, then you must also be buying at the diminished value so I wouldn't hesitate if you like it.
Noise like trains is very personal and you should speak to the railroad and or the neighbors to identify the traffic and noise.

Train tracks can and often do effect the resale of the home. Some will love the open space and others will not even look at the house.

You also have power lines along that set of tracks that brings concerns to some.

Arizona Homes for Sale by A Guy from Iowa
Web Reference: http://www.McVinua.com
I don't live far from there, however, it is difficult to tell whether it would bother you or not - some are more sensitive to certain conditions than others. If I were you I would call and find out how often and when the trains run, then try to be at or near the property for these occasions to determine if it is something that would bother you or any member of your family. You also have a 10 day inspection period - if you write an offer and it is accepted, you can investigate more during this time.
Please contact me if you have further questions or need excellent representation.
Terry Parrish, Associate Broker
West USA Realty
480-893-0600
Hi Premnath, You must be referring to 6579 Dublin. I actually used to live at 6517 W. Del Rio, just south of that house (you can mapquest it and see how close it is to 6579 Dublin). I honestly don't recall noise from the tracks, but we were gone during the day, and this was 15 years ago. But with that house being so close, you WILL hear the trains when they come by, and this WILL affect your resale value. However if you can get the house at the right price, that may offset any resale value issues on the back end. Let me know if I can be of further help. Tom Klepper
BTW, I lived at Ray and Kyrene from 1998-2005, and barely heard the train. We kinda liked it.
The trains don't come thru very often, and they come thru very quickly...usually. The drawback that I would want to look in to before deciding to purchase the house has more to do with the potential for dust to be kicked up after each train passing. I'd be more concerned about that aspect of it. Either way, the best thing to do is walk the neighborhood and ask the residents what they think of the train. You'll find out what the issues are pretty quickly.

Best of luck! If you need an exceptional Realtor, I'm available to help you in your search for the ideal property, at the best possible price. Thanks--

Brian Newman
Realty One Group
480-330-8185