May, Home Owner in Dunwoody, GA

Does anyone know how long a commute would be from Ashford Dunwoody and 285 to downtown Decatur (in morning and afternoon rush hour)?

Asked by May, Dunwoody, GA Sun Apr 22, 2012

Answers

7
If you can get out between 6-6:30 it will reduce commute time dramatically. I also suggest you review google maps with traffic feature on and check for various routes.
My mother would commute the same route when I was younger she would always keep it safe in the morning 45 min leaving at 7 in the afternoon around 4:30 to 5:10 believe it will be a long drive
Atlanta traffic is very unpredictable! I agree with the previous answer and would say around 45 minutes. Travel time could be improved if you went to the office a little earlier in the morning and either leave a little earlier or a little later in the evening. Truthfully, the only way to figure out what is best for you, is to make the commute and see. Good luck!
Atlanta traffic is very unpredictable. 45 minutes does sound about right for rush hour.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing
I sat in traffic yesterday, on a Sunday afternoon, for one hour, along with about 10-15000 other people on 285 between Ashford Dunwoody and Chamblee Dunwoody. There was a tractor trailer wreck that blocked all lanes eastbound.

This is too common on 285, and that's why I avoid it most of the time.

I like surface streets for crosstown commutes and most of time I take Clairmont off of Peachtree to downtown Decatur. That's a 15 minute ride on a good day. Traffic bogs down at Century Center and through to Briarcliff, but loaded tractor trailers don't jackknife on Clairmont very often. At worst, it's a 30 minute drive.

And, in order to get to Clairmont, you need to take Ashford Dunwoody south, inside 285 to the Johnson Ferry intersection, then follow Johnson Ferry to Peachtree, then left on Peachtree then right on Clairmont. On a good day, that takes 10 minutes.

At worst, it's a 30 minute ride from Perimeter Mall to Peachtree.

And even at it's worst, I prefer the north-south surface street commute over 285 ...
Web Reference: http://intowninsider.com
45 minutes Ashford-Dunwoody to Clairmont Road - straight into Decatur. My office is in Dunwoody, and I live in Decatur. In Atlanta, it takes 45 minutes to go 10 miles from any direction during peak traffic times.
About 45 minutes by way of 285