Airahcaz, Home Owner in Glen Rock, NJ

Commute to NYC

Asked by Airahcaz, Glen Rock, NJ Tue Sep 20, 2011

Please comment on how you commute to NYC, especially if via Jitney, NJ Transit via Highland, Orange, or Brick stations, or drive to Harrison and Park and Ride / take Path

Lyle Wolf’s answer
Over the years I have commuted to the city by Bus, Train, Path from Harrison, by car parking at Port Authority, and drive to Ferry at Port Imperial (Weehawken). No one way is perfect. From West Orange I like the Path best. In general I love taking the Ferry. It is a great feeling on the boat as you view the skyline and feel the breeze on the water. Various buses are there when the boat docks to take you cross town and downtown.
Check it out:
There are numerous options and variables to consider. I used to drive to Harrison and take the Path line that runs up 6th Ave. Liked the Path since it runs round the clock and long hours were pat of the job. Also liked that i dropped me right by my office in Chelsea. The Path itself is inexpensive and crowded. Seitched jobs and new office was by Port Authority. Tooke the Community Coach #77 bus. Expensive, but comfortable. Once again, dropped me close to my office. My neighbor works in Penn Plaza. She takes the Jitney to South Orange and then Midtown Direct to Penn Station. Each of those commutes is within an hour door to door. Point is that it all depends on yourt destination within NYC, hours that you need service, budget, and need for comfort while in transit. Good luck