Andrew Garaf…, Home Owner in Bayside, Queens, NY

Commute from Paramus to Manhattan

Asked by Andrew Garafalo, Bayside, Queens, NY Fri Aug 28, 2009

My wife and I are considering moving to Paramus and wanted to get feedback on the bus commute to Manhattan(Port Authority). In doing some research, it appears there are a few buses that go through the town, namely the 165P from the Paramus Park Mall. Just wanted to know if anyone who takes the bus has any trouble finding a seat, what line they take and what their commute is like.

Answers

4
check out http://www.njtransit.com. sometimes you need to get a little creative, because their suggested routes aren't always the best. good luck!
Andrew

I am a paramus resident and realtor and my wife commutes into the city from Paramus and has no issue getting a seat. She usually leaves the park and ride on ridgewood ave around 730-8am and gets in the the city by 845am. If you like anymore information on paramus you can visit my site http://www.SellWithMelNJ.com for paramus home search and FORECLOSURE search.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 27, 2009
Andrew:

It's very simple to commute to NY from paramus. There are always enough spaces to sit and they come so frequently during rush hour that there is no problem. Go to NJTransit.com to get an idea.

Welcome to NJ.

Susan
HI Andrew!

Sorry, I can't answer your Paramus question, but I am sure someone will come along who can!

I can, however, tell you that the bus commute from my area, which is in Essex County, can range from 45-55 min., depending on which town you're in, or 30 min. if you take the midtown direct train.

If you decide to expand your search into other parts of NJ, please feel free to reach out to me for more information!

Best wishes......
Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties
email: Debbie.Rose@Prudential NewJersey.com