ZT, Home Buyer in Marlboro, NJ

Commute fro Morganville, US-9 and Texas Road bus stop to NYC (Port Authority) . I am talking aout Bus stop from Old bridge Mall.

Asked by ZT, Marlboro, NJ Sun Sep 20, 2009

I was all over NJ Transit.com for particular questions of mine but could not get satisfactory answer. Can somebdy please answer these. It would help me lot in deciding one of home we have already decided on:

Do we get sitting place in Bus, if I board from place I mentioned above. I think bus comes from Syrville or Freehold? Is bus number 131, 134 or 135?

How much is commute from that Particular location to Port Authority?

Where to Park car?

I know these are very very particular questions and can be answered by somebody commuting but any help is appreciated. I googled everywhere to find answers in Blogs but could not get. I will greatly appreciate.

Answers

2
I am also looking into moving to Morganville but now with NJ Transit rates going up its been making me sway away at the thought of paying close to $400 a month for the train in Matawan. I love that the schools are top shelf in Marlboro and that the area is very beautiful.. 1/2 hour from Newark Airport, close to friends and the beach. My problem is not knowing how the commute experience really is into the city. I see that the commute to Port Authority would be the best for me though since Im only 6 blks away from my job in midtown. Does anyone know how bad the commute gets with traffic? Is it over an hour? How much does the parking cost? How do I find information on that? Is Old Bridge the best bus route to take into Port Authority? I see its cheaper .. is it definitely #139? is that where the parking is? How do I get a permit? Thanks so much and sorry for the multitude of questions..if there's anything else I should know please let me know.
I will try my best to help. If you are talking about the small bus stop on RT 9 outside the Shoppes at Old Bridge, then I do know some details. My wife usually commutes from the bus terminus in Old Bridge Township. We live in Morganville and find it easy to just drive to the main stop at Old bridge and commute into the Port Authority from there. You willprobably have a better chance in finding a spot as well. Non residents of Old Bridge townshi can apply at Park America which runs the commuter lot for a permit. The trip into the city is about 1hr. Fairly trouble free.

The cost is about 8.50? from Old bridge. expect to pay about 10 -12 bucks if you are coming from Rt 9 and Texas road. If you are a marlboro/morganville resident..there is a commuter lot next to the Regal Cinemas and I HOP across the way from the shoppes at Old Bridge. Other than that there are no other parking options. The mall doesnt allow commuter parking. Theere is a bus stop outside the I HOP. the bus that goes into the Port Athourity should be #139. The time would be about 1hr and 20 minutes give or take.

hope that helps