Kathleen Gen…, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

Commute Newburyport to Lexington

Asked by Kathleen Gendron, San Diego, CA Fri Jul 17, 2009

We're hoping to buy a home in Newburyport... I'm wondering what the commute is like from Newburyport toLexington? And which route would you go? 95 or 495? Thanks

Answers

3
Having lived in both places I can tell you that 95 (which becomes 128) is the way to go. 495 is nowhere near Lexington unless you get off on Rte 3, which is a disaster in itself during commute times. On a traffic-free commute run it takes 40-45 minutes to get to the central Lexington vicinity (4/225). Once there is traffic or bad weather, you could take anywhere from 30 min extra to 3 hours to get to home/work. Traffic accidents on any of the highways will make you feel you are in the worst of rush hour in downtown LA. My husband has been doing the Nbpt to Burlington/Lexington commute since 1991 and now leaves Nbpt at 6:00-6:30 AM and leaves work no later than 3:00 PM for the best commute time.
Hello Kathleen- I assume you are working during typical work hours- 8am- 5pm?
I'd say its about 1 hr 15 minutes- best case with no traffic. Correct- it could be 2 hours (easy) during bad traffic times especially in the snow or rain, etc.
If you can start work at 8am, you'd avoid a little bit of the traffic- but not much.

If you need any other help, please contact me. Thanks and good luck,

Ken L.
It depends on exact location of the home you end up buying but 495 to rte 3 is a great way to get to lexington or 95 to 128.

In high traffic times it might take you close to 2 hours to get to lexington and maybe an hour and a half when there is no traffic.

Here is every property on the market in Newburyport:
http://www.territoryre.com/idx/search.html?search=true&s…