Sfurukawa, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

Can you hear train noise in north Torrance / South Redondo Beach?

Asked by Sfurukawa, Los Angeles, CA Tue Jul 31, 2012

I currently live in a townhome on Plaza del Amo in Torrance, where I can hear train noise. I am thinking about buying a place in north Torrance. The BNSF tracks are elevated in that area (@ Hawthorne) so the trains don't blow their horns, but at the crossing at 182nd in Redondo Beach the tracks are at grade, so I'm assuming you can still hear the train horns? Can anyone confirm? Thank you.

Answers

21
Rachel and Kathy Tyndall’s answer

You cannot hear the trains in South Redondo. In parts of North Redondo and North Torrance you can it just depends where. If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Rachel

Search all homes for sale at: http://www.TYNDALLTEAM.COM
I lived on Alvord Lane in Redondo Beach for 5 years. This is about three blocks form that intersection on 182nd st. I don't recall hearing train horns. Plaza Del Amo runs next to the tracks so I am sure the noise is quite a bit louder. I think if you get a few blocks away from the tracks, it will not be as bothersome.
I live in South/West Torrance and can hear the train whistle blow "off in the distance", from time to time if conditions are right.

Kathy Cox
DRE 01262145
Keller Williams Beach Cities
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 31, 2012
I live less than a mile from that spot in North Torrance and cannot hear the train whistles. It just depends how close to that spot you want to be. Let me know if I can shown you some properties here in this neighborhood, I am very familiar with this area.

Cheers,

Tony Warfield
Assoc Broker
3 Leaf Realty
you very rarely hear the train either in N Torrance. In South Torrance by the beach where I live I hear them occationally when the wind blows the 'right' way and I think it's charming but that's because it's so far away and not often. Where you are now it can definitely be an issue.
Let me know if you need more info.
Jenna
Sorry, the title to my question is incorrect, it should be north Torrance / north Redondo. Sorry for the mixup.
Let me know if you need more info.
Jenna
Let me know if you need more info.
Jenna
Let me know if you need more info.
Jenna
Let me know if you need more info.
Jenna
Let me know if you need more info.
Jenna
Let me know if you need more info.
Jenna
Let me know if you need more info.
Jenna
Let me know if you need more info.
Jenna
Let me know if you need more info.
Jenna
Let me know if you need more info.
Jenna
Let me know if you need more info.
Jenna
Let me know if you need more info.
Jenna
Let me know if you need more info.
Jenna
Let me know if you need more info.
Jenna
Let me know if you need more info.
Jenna