Stephan, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

Are there any major traffic problems in Long Beach?

Asked by Stephan, San Francisco, CA Mon Apr 23, 2007

If so, can you tell me where (major streets/commuting paths)?

Answers

2
The 710 freeway can get a bit congested due to the traffic heading in and out of the Port of Long Beach. Measures are in place to widen the freeway. The 405 and 710 experience normal rush hour traffic which I try to avoid, but within the city itself it is rare to find yourself bogged down in traffic unless you are attending one of our many very popular events like the Long Beach Grand Prix or if you choose to join us for our simply incredible July 4th fireworks display. We do have a lot of incredible events here that attract large audiences. At those times you could encounter traffic if you don't know how to avoid it. It is always avoidable by going wide and bypassing it. I rarely find myself stuck in traffic anywhere in Long Beach. I have included a link to a Long Beach Information page. Within these links you will find out much about the Long Beach area and our many events.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 12, 2007
Long Beach has the 710 freeway and the 405 freeway that intersect this city and provide an easy way to get to most parts of this city. If you are traveling in the morning going south on the 710 freeway there can be traffic to the docks as that is a major path for trucks to take to the port. The 405 can be busy but you don't need to get on it to get to most areas of Long Beach. Long Beach is great in that one can get to all areas of the city through residential streets without going onto the freeway. It is nice and convenient.