Steve Hart, Home Buyer in Orange, CA

Anyone know the average drive time on the 5 frwy from Capistrano to 405/55 frwy exchange?

Asked by Steve Hart, Orange, CA Tue Oct 30, 2012

Answers

10
The five runs directly into the 405 just merge to the right and you should start looking within 15 minutes once you are on the frwy.
Like others have said, it depends on traffic and the time of year. The summer months between May & August are usually smooth sailing when school is out and families are on vacation. During that time, your commute should be about 30 minutes at the most. At its heaviest, the area between Los Alisos & El Toro and Irvine Center Dr. & Culver may add up to 7 minutes each to your commute making the total drive time about 45-50 minutes. To avoid some of the traffic starting at Irvine Center, take the Lake Forest Truck bypass and exit Irvine Center. Take Alton down to Culver and get back on the 405. That should save a couple minutes on your commute.
Hi Steve:
It depends on where in San Juan you are starting out. Best estimate on this is 35 to 45 minutes at 7:30 am, to be safe. Of course you also have the option to jump on the Toll Rd. in which case you can most likely cut a good 10 to 15 min. off the trip.
Let me know if I can help you with any of your real estate needs.
Sherry Chafin Sims
Evergreen Realty
949-436-0446
Steve, good morning!
I hope you are having a great day!
We live on the West side of San Juan Capistrano near Dana Point.
I would say the answer to the time it will take you to drive will depend tremendously on where in San Juan Capistrano your commute begins. San Juan Capistrano has a lovely, historic character and my husband fell in love with it many years ago. He was my most important relocation, ever!
Because of San Juan's historic nature, the roadways were never designed to handle the volume of traffic that we sometimes experience. I would plan your trip away from peak school traffic hours!
Also, if you're near the coast like we are, you'll want to add 15 minutes to all of these estimates, just to get on to the freeway. The East side has it's own set of traffic strategies. The historic Villas in the center of town, yet another! I hope this helps! If you're planning a move to Capistrano, working with someone with deep relationships within our community can open doors to many properties not available on the open market. We are deeply involved in the Equestrian Coalition down here and know pretty much everyone around town! We built & maintain a small park frequented by trail hikers, doggie walkers and Equestrian's on what the locals fondly refer to as the "Carrot Trail." I'm affectionately known as the "Carrot Lady" - we leave bushels of carrots down on the trail for our four footed friends to enjoy. Where else but San Juan Capistrano...You'll have to join us for next years barn dance! Before you know it, you'll find yourself as devoted to our lovely community as we are. If I can be of any assistance at all, let me know! Julie Boyd, Home Buyer's Realty 1(949)661-9809 JulieBoyd@cox.net
Thanks everyone. I was focusing in on rush hour traffic (7:30am). I assume the return commute is about the same time.
Steve, at 7:30 the traffic is usually still not too bad. Once you hit the freeway, maybe about 20 minutes....
Flag Tue Oct 30, 2012
It all depends on the time of day and if you can use the HOV lane. That commute can be long in stretches for a normal business hour occupation. Let me save you some money on a SJC home purchase so you can take the toll road
About 20 to 30 minutes, depending on traffic.
Hi Steve,

15 minutes if traffic is moving. High traffic can take anywhere from 30-45 minutes.
Hi Steve - interesting question - I live in San Juan Capistrano and I can usually get to the 405/55 or John Wayne airport in 20-25 minutes. Time varies at rush hour and is harder to predict but can add 10-15 minutes at rush hour. I usually take the 73 toll road if I am at rush hour as it is rarely busy and gets me where I need to be if time is a factor. Let me know if you have any other questions regarding San Juan Capistrano.

Dave Grbich
Broker - Ventana Coastal Properties
949-500-0484 cell
Hello Steve,

It could take approximently 17 minutes depending on traffic.

Let me knowing there is anything else I can help you with.

Alex Vargas
Weichert Realtors
DRE # 01332235

(714) 269-8775 Mobile

Alexvargas2009@gmail.com