Tech Tips in San Antonio>Question Details

Tina Edens, Other/Just Looking in Charleston, WV

search for hudd approved rental homes in san antonio area only

Asked by Tina Edens, Charleston, WV Wed Aug 29, 2007

Answers

4
Tina.....you might want to try this website that may help you in finding a property. http://www.hud.gov/faqs/faqrenting.cfm
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 29, 2007
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA
Tina, I suspect you mean that you'd like to rent a "section8" house in San Antonio. Any Realtor in Bexar County has access to this on the MLS.
You can search the HUD website for apartments but thats about it. To my knowledge only agents can access that information. Your local housing authority should have a wall or list of homes that are available through their program. No home is owned by HUD, in fact individual homeowners do. Ask a local Realtor to do a search for the type of home you want to lease and they can do their due diligence by calling the listing Realtor to see if they accept public housing vouchers ( a.k.a Section 8). If you really want to take it into your own hands then search craigslist and call the owners yourself.
Tina, that might be difficult to do. I've personally never seen a public search that lets you look specifically for HUD approved rental homes. Your best bet might be to talk to an Agent that deals with those who can provide you a list, or help guide you. If I hear of any public search that allows you to do that, I'll let you know. Good luck!