Question Details

Joseph Roraff, Real Estate Pro in Onalaska, WI

iOS or Android or Windows

Asked by Joseph Roraff, Onalaska, WI Sat Dec 15, 2012

Which operating system, iOS (Apple) or Android (Google) or Windows (Microsoft) is better for a real estate agent (i.e. has the best apps, easiest to use, etc...).

Answers

4
The fact that the vast majority of apps are developed and are available for iphone (and ipad), there is no reason for me to switch. Once, I deviated from iphone and bought the Droid....shortly after that, I went back to iphone because the apps I wanted weren't available for the Droid.

As for GPS capability....For years, I always used Google Maps on my smart phone, starting with my Blackberry. Even after I bought my iphones --- the latest being iphone% ---- I still downloaded google maps and used that...never Apple's version. So I was never without that app.

Now, with the Supraekey, I can use it with both the iphone and the ipad at the same time, as long as each device has a different activation code for the ekey.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 15, 2012
If a developer develops an app for the Android, they have to make it compatible with hundreds of different devices because each "Android" device is actually very different - and has to be modified for each individual one.

When you make an app for an Apple device, you have to make 2 - one for the phone, one for the iPad (and perhaps now one for the mini... not sure)

Apple has many, many more apps and is more secure. Go with Apple.

Brian Rayl
B&B Realty Group - Keller Williams Elite Dallas TX
214-601-4192
Brian@Rayl-Estate.com
http://finddallashomesforsale.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 16, 2012
Apple was at a disadvantage until the other day when they brought back Google maps. The GPS on my Android has become pretty indispensable in my world.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 15, 2012
This would be pretty much like asking what is the best make of car to own to sell real estate. Things are changing daily so whatever is there today will be different in about 2 hours. Windows phones are pretty new so I can't comment on them but we have those with Apple and with Android in our office and everyone can do the same things with either. One thing about Android is the apps are almost always free which is not true with Apple, but that's a small difference. It comes down to what you can do with the device, not so much what it is capable of doing since they both can do a lot.