Question Details

Dennis, Other/Just Looking in 92028

how do thay get sq ft per house?

Asked by Dennis, 92028 Fri Jul 11, 2008

reason for asking my house is custom. 5004 sq ft ,4 beds,7 baths,2 acres all usable built 1996, averything remodeled 2006 bath rooms,floors,paint,gated,lited,landscape its like new. we ask for refinance or maybe sell. my sq ft coming in at $280.00 sq ft. this want i do not under stand. the ones i found in fallbrook,built 1988 was 378 sq was 3437 sq ft. other built 1983 was 321 sq ft 4362 sq ft. the homes are close with in a mile or so.

I think you are asking about price per Sq. Ft. Generally the Sq. Ft. is obtained from the county records or from the building plans. When the property is listed, the asking price is divided by the square footage of the home to get a dollar amount per sq. ft. In our system locally and I believe most are this way, they do not separate the land from the home when they establish price per sq. ft. So, if you have a home on a large lot or acreage, the figures would be quite different than a standard lot in town.