Tech Tips in 64776>Question Details

Hecks, Home Buyer in 64776

how do i get info on my house on the people that lived there or if any people died there?

Asked by Hecks, 64776 Mon Jul 27, 2009

0 votes Share Flag Tech Tips in 64776

Answers

3
Hecks,

A friendly conversation with the right neighbor may reveal more information than you ever cared to know.

The title records are public, so you should start there, if the area where you live has the records online, then try there. If you really really want to know who died in a house... ask the neighbors. I usually get plenty of information just chatting them up, start asking about the area, the schools whatever and slowly get yourself and ask about the house and their inhabitants, don't be shy, they won't be. People like to dish on their neighbor. LOL !
Other than that, you are into going to the court house and looking for public records or obituaries but they would not give you anything really juicy, just saying ;-)

Happy hunting!

Celia Means
Broker
M&M Real Estate
Columbia, SC
Hecks,

Some states, like MN, have specific disclosures that are required surrounding deaths in a property. I would recommend that you ask the question of an agent in your state and see if any similar rules exist where you live.

As far as finding people who used to live in your house - you might try looking through your abstract. The owners of the property will be listed there. Failing that your county might have some records you can look into.

Good Luck.

Cameron Piper
#1 Trulia Agent in MN
Web Reference: http://www.campiper.com