Tech Tips in 10128>Question Details

Francis Curr…, Home Seller in 10128

how do i find out how much co-ops sold for in my building?

Asked by Francis Curran, 10128 Sun Feb 3, 2008

0 votes Share Flag Tech Tips in 10128

Answers

7
I don't know if that information is available on Trulia. Alternatively, you can contact a Realtor (like me), you can conduct a search on ACRIS or you can pay for the information from Streeteasy.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 4, 2008
Some of the larger agencies maintain databases of their own pulling all recent sales from the public record and entering it into their listings so an agent at those firms that do has the information online and readily accesable. Halstead and Brown Harris have this for sure, we call it Value Exchange. I would not doubt that our two main competitors do it as well but I am not certain. It takes quite an investment to cull the information and enter it, but we do it. We have data all the way back to 1984 though it is more complete in the past decade
Hi Francis. Someone said it below. Check propertyshark.com. You'll have to create a free account and they'll limit the amount of info unless you upgrade but you can check the bldg and what has sold for sure.

Keep in mind that the sold data usually goes no further back than 2004. Still, this will be a good tool to try to establish value. It's not the only criteria but a good start anyway. Try to stay within a 6 month time frame going backward.

If you require help with anything else, feel free to contact me directly.

Joseph C. Hastings
Prudential Douglas Elliman R.E.
Streeteasy.com might be of use to you.
The best move would be to Contact the managing agent and a local agent in your area. The managing agent will have all sales that are closed. The Realtor might should have access to places that are pending closing as long as they are listed with a Realtor on the MLS (Multiple Listing Service).
You can try PropertyShark.com or Zillow.com. Also, try Googling the exact address in quotes. Often, real estate ads will come up that have a description and price for a particular unit(s). Sometimes, even the building itself is a source, with specifications for prices for various size units. You can also try the New York Times real estate ads online; if you specify just a street name, it is possible that the building is listed, with prices. This works, as well, for various real estate companies.
This information is also in the hands of the managing agent for the co-op.