Tech Tips in Los Angeles>Question Details

Craig Schaid, Real Estate Pro in Pike Road, AL

Who's using QR Codes and how are they working?

Asked by Craig Schaid, Pike Road, AL Tue Apr 19, 2011

I put this question out there before and got some great input and actually learned some about the creative ways agents were putting it to work and how the buyers/sellers thoughts were on them. Looking forward to hear!!

Answers

8
Craig:
You want to find a way to use a QR code that is not just a novelty, but that really serves you.
Here's one that gets the job done and supplies more information to the client while capturing the lead: you can create a QR code that will link to a YouTube video. This video can contain a video walk-through of the property you are trying to sell. By scanning your QR code with their mobile device, their QR code scanning software should automatically open the YouTube video in their YouTube player.
Be sure to always test your QR codes and try to develop the right size for your QR code real estate sign. The key is to make it easy for the shopper to scan from the street.
Don't forget: You will need to create a page to send potential buyers to. This page can be the listing as displayed on your firms website, just make sure that you create a mobile friendly page since most will be using a mobile device to scan your QR code. Don't forget to include all information that you want to convey to this person.
Deborah Bremner
The Bremner Group at Coldwell Banker
REALTOR, 00588885, ABR, CDPE, eAgent, CSP, SFR, HRC, CRE
(O) 310-571-1364 DIRECT
(D) 818.564.6591
(C) 310-422-4288
http://www.thebremnergroup.com
Accredited Buyer Representative|Certified Distressed Property Expert |Pre-Foreclosure Specialist Certified
I want you to know that I appreciate any referrals from friends and associates who may be in the market to buy or sell real estate. You can count on me giving them the same high-quality service I provide to all of my clients.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 19, 2011
Hello Craig,
Another good way to use QR codes is to put it on the back of your business card that directs the person to your web site or your profile page. It's a great way to instantly inform people more about you and your business.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 19, 2011
Hello Craig,

I use QR codes; it’s a great marketing tool. I have two on the back of my business cards, one for my website and the other for my direct line. I like that you can add perimeters to your QR code, which allows you to track incoming traffic.

Novelette Witt
Keller Williams Beach Citites
http://www.novelettewitt.com
Web Reference: http://qrcode.kaywa.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 14, 2011
Hi Craig,
We love QR codes here at Castelazo Marketing and so do our clients. QR codes are the latest and savviest way to advertise, they also give agents the opportunity to be more creative when it comes to marketing. Technology is always moving forward and if you keep up with it, technology can be a great benefit to your success.

In an era where instant gratification is the rule, QR codes represent the quickest way for real estate agents to connect with clients and engage with future prospects. Immediate access to valuable information – contact information, your website link, home details, etc. – can help you be more successful. Use QR codes on property boxes, flyers, direct mail postcards, newsletters, business cards, magnets – the possibilities are endless.

Of course, it’s important to put some effort into the “other end” of the QR code – where it leads. Whether you’re sending people to a landing page on your website or to a listing microsite, the QR code is the messenger, but you’ve got to deliver a good message, or else the QR code is nothing but I neat marketing gimmick.

Christene Honomichl, Marketing Specialist
http://www.CMRealEstateMarketing.com
It depends on your definition of "working". I like using them as a marketing tool, for example posting them on the for sale sign, sending the viewer to a listing page and your contact info. It only works if the viewer is saavy enough, but it's a helpful tool and more "green" than brochures. I find it helpful when I'm driving around with clients and we see a house they might like. With one click, I can have the basic info.

If you want to take it a step further, and your seller is one that is impressed by internet marketing, you can link it to a .info site showcasing their house. At a cost of around $2.00 for the domain, and a free website at weebly.com it's just an added marketing tool you can put in your bag of tricks. Make sure the webpage links back to yours so you can get the hits. Some sellers are impressed when you tell them you'll be creating a webpage for their house!
Craig, we are excited about QR codes on signs and brochures in real estate, however, it is such a new idea, and an app on a cell phone is necessary to make it useful. Our market is to more of a retirement age, and many are not proficient in cell phone use. We are moving forward, though, and really believe it is a part of new technology that is exciting. We plan to have QRs printed on riders for listing signs so they can be reused.
I use them. I have little-to-no success with them.

I think it is important to stay on top of technology - especially after a trip to grandma's house to see she can't even turn on her computer.. yet she wants to use skype to talk to all her grandchildren.

I know one thing for sure, as the QR Codes catch on I want to be on the front of the wave and grow my business!! Rather than get lost in a sea of new technology..
Craig, I have used the QR code for tours of my listings in my advertisements, but have not really received any calls because of it. It could be that it is just too new. Here in Richmond, I have not seen many agents using it. I will continue to use because it is like any novelty. Soon it will be expected and/or replaced with something else.