Tech Tips in 33884>Question Details

Fran, Home Buyer in Tennessee

Who do we contact regarding getting homeowner's insurance?

Asked by Fran, Tennessee Sat May 17, 2008

We are thinking of moving back to Florida. We understand that State Farm is no longer writing homeowner's policies. Who can we contact if we just want a general idea of what the costs would be?

0 votes Share Flag Tech Tips in 33884

Answers

10
Hi Fran,
We have 2 suggestions. Try checking out the following website:
http://www.flgov.com/shop4insurance

Then contact agent Phil Visali- 877-880-1833. He will get you the real numbers plus he's fast and dependable.

The "Eckler Team"
Century 21 Almar and Associates
Venice, Fl 34285
ecklerteam@comcast.net
941-408-5363
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 17, 2008
There are many independent insurance agents in FL who will write policies from several different companies. Homeowner's insurance price varies depending on the age of the home, the location, the building style, size, & other characteristics of the home, including roof type, windows with shutters, hurricane film, dead bolts, smoke alarms, if it has a pool or not & if pool had diving board, child safety fence, etc. Mobile homes, site build homes and general block or frame constructional all have different ratings Rates are also determined by the zip code where the property is located. In addition the insurance companies look at the credit score of the purchaser, plus their insurance history.

If you know the city where and the approximated size of a home you will be purchasing, you might want to check the on line yellow pages for insurance agents in that town, and contact one of them. The state of FL also has it's own insurer of last resort called Citizens. Citizens is somewhat higher than the individual insurance agencies.

If you are purchasing the property as a rental or second home your insurance rates may be lower - if you are not insuring contents - or if there is limited furniture.
Web Reference: http://www.h-mrealty.com
Check with Tracy Woods. She is the founder and CEO of Insurance Icon here in lovely Melbourne, FL. She helps me with my investment properties and along with my clients' real estate insurance needs.

Tracy Woods
Phone: 321-727-0951 Fax: 321-727-0952
Email: tracie.woods@netzero.com

Take a look at some of the amazing deals we have in our neck of the woods too:

http://www.brevardmls.com/brv/maildoc/b005BT6383.html

Mark Palace, CEO/Founder
Palace Properties International, Inc.
http://www.PalacePropertiesOnline.com
321.773.5611
321.704.9305

About Us
Our mission is to provide the best service possible to our customers and clients and to be ever mindful of your needs. We achieve true success only by placing you first.
Palace Properties International is a member of the Chamber of Commerce, Melbourne Area Association of Realtors, Florida Association of Realtors, National Association of Realtors, World Properties, Home Builders and Contractors Association of Brevard (HBCA), Florida Home Builders Association (FHBA) as well as the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
Whether you want to invest in California, Virginia, the Carolinas, Florida or elsewhere, we look forward to working with and for you, your family and your friends regarding your and their real estate pursuits. We take advantage of our elite and prestigious professional real estate network of top producing, pre-qualified Realtors that specialize in their respective geographical areas.
Company history
With a rich and diverse international background, the staff at Palace Properties International speaks nine languages, has lived and traveled in over 20 countries and possess multiple advanced postgraduate academic university degrees. Kelly and Mark Palace own the firm along with several other thriving businesses in central Florida.

Local Area Information
Come visit one of America's best kept secrets and you will truly fall in love with our subtropical paradise!

Just 35 miles east of Orlando, Brevard County prides itself as the home of Kennedy Space Center, the only facility in the world that launches the Space Shuttle; Port Canaveral, the second-busiest cruise port in the world; 72 miles of beautiful Atlantic Ocean beaches; and the largest collection of endangered wildlife and plants in the continental United States. With its tropical weather, cultural activities, educational opportunities, active and passive recreation options, high-technology industries, and family-friendly atmosphere, the Space Coast offers an exceptional quality of life that residents and visitors enjoy year-round. Nearly 500,000 people call its 15 municipalities and unincorporated areas "home."

Tucked in among the other beach communities of Brevard County, Indian Harbour Beach sits on two square miles of land between the Atlantic to the east and the still waters of the Indian River Lagoon to the west. Beachfront parks are a great place for a picnic (most have running water to wash off the sand before you replace your flip-flops) and Gleason Park offers 27 acres surrounding a beautiful lake, with exercise trails, lit by Victorian lights in the early evening. Tennis is available on city courts and baseball and soccer fields are available at the city’s million-dollar sports complex.

Mark, you truly are the Somerset Oceanfront Specialist. I really appreciate the way you have worked with me as an owner of two units. I know listing with you is the right choice as you are well connected both in the local community and to the international buyers. Each time I talk to you, it seems you have my best interest in mind. Thank you!” S. Veal, MD 03/22/08
- Dr. Steven Veal, Medical Doctor and Real Estate Investor 3/23/08

I met Mark Palace at the Curves Vibrant Womens Conference and decided to have Palace Properties help me find a place to rent or buy. He had a place within an hour and I could see it that evening after work. Mark works hard for his clients and always kept in contact with me by e-mails and phone calls when I needed to talk to him. Never had to wait long for a call back. He is very professional, courteous and respectful. There are some realtors out there that should take lessons from Mark Palace, Palace Properties.
- Patricia Kane, BRPH Architects/Engineers, Inc 7/24/07
Also, check this website that can provide insurance contact info and average approved rates.
As mentioned, check with Citizens Florida. Often times if other companies can't or aren't writing in a specified area, they typically can.
I always advise my clients to seek insurance through their auto insurance company, if they are happy with them. Most companies offer multiple service discounts for more than one policy and this can end up to be a good savings. If you aren't happy with your insuarnce carrier and want to change you might think of looking into one of the major companies to see what they can offer you if you move both auto and home to them.
Fran

Actually, If State Farm is the company your prefer. Check with them first. Most of the State Farm Agents are registered with Citizens and can get coverage for you thorugh Citizens until State Farm can write policies again. The only problem I have had with State Farm has been that a particular agent has met their quota of new policeis. Some State Farm agents reserve their quota for existing State Farm customers.
Web Reference: http://www.cathysloan.com
A few weeks ago State Farm would write for existing State Farm customers, haven't heard lately. AllState is having some problems with the Florida Dept of Ins and may not be writing. Here is a link to the state sponsored site for property insurance. I have gotten some very good quotes for clients from this source.

https://www.citizensfla.com/

Good Luck

Cathy Sloan
RE/MAX Specialists
Jacksonville, Flroida
Independent insurance agents are great at getting you the best price (usually) because they can draw from the resources of different companies. If you call with an address they are very quick to give you a quote over the phone for insurance for that address, and will ask what type of construction it is, primary residence, etc.
Web Reference: http://www.MykeTriebold.com
Fran,

I always suggest to clients to go with whomever they have their car insurance through. This will usually save you some money as most agencies give discounts when insuring in bulk. If your car insurance is through State Farm, ask a local (Florida) agent to provide you with the names of other companies you can call to get rates. As Jackie stated below it would be helpful to know as much as possible about a home you are looking for so they can give you a fair estimate.

Hope this helps and happy moving!

Shelley Kefauver
Web Reference: http://www.YourYorkHome.com
Morning Fran,

You can contact any local insurance agent. It would help them to know what size of home you are looking for, bedrooms, age of home, pool etc.
If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me.