Tech Tips in 95112>Question Details

Silvia Black, Real Estate Pro in California

Where can I go online to see if an extention was built with permits?

Asked by Silvia Black, California Tue Nov 27, 2007

2 votes Share Flag Tech Tips in 95112

Answers

5
Go to the Planning Department in the city where the home is located. Most of the time you can get this information directly online.
Go to city of San Jose website. Then to the permit section. Type in the address or parcel number. I would check both as sometimes I have found data at one spot and not another. Also if this was done many years ago it might now show up.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 9, 2008
Finding permits online is one issue, and understanding what they mean is another issue. Personally if I wanted to get the whole pictures about permits on a property, I would personally go to the city or county and talk to the appropriate staff member. I would also make sure to as them many questions.

HTTP://WWW.amirSHAHKARAMI.COM
HTTP://WWW.siliconVALLEYpropertySEARCH.COM
HTTP://WWW.888siliconVALLEY.COM
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2007
One of the best County resources is the City of Santa Clara's website for online permits. I have found this very helpful with previous transactions. The smaller cities have great service. The County Offices and the City of San Jose seem to require a little more patience and I would recommend an "in-person" visit.