Devin Avilla, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

Where can I find what bank owns a REO? How can I find out how many days it has been on the market?

Asked by Devin Avilla, San Jose, CA Sat Jun 28, 2008

Answers

4
Grace Morioka (408-426-1616)’s answer
Hello Devin:

There are several ways in which you can determine the name of the bank holding the note or currently owning the home in which you might be interested. The first two methods are free, and the last one will require membership in a database listing service:

1. Contact any real estate agent. Realtors have access to more information on the MLS than you can access through the public portal. Sometimes the information is available as to who owns the property, and sometimes it is not. An agent can see this information on the website as we pay a special fee for access.

2. Contact the listing agent and ask. If there is a sign in front of the home, contact the listing agent. The agent will be able to tell you the name of the bank that currently owns the home.

3. Join a real estate database site, such as RealtyTrac or ForeclosureRadar. Both services use information from publicly recorded notices to display the name of the current owner, the name of the bank, the amount of the note, the address and the date of auction or foreclosure. RealtyTrac and ForeclosureRadar also both provide the name and address of the bank holding title.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Grace Morioka, Realtor, SRES, e-Pro
Area Pro Realty
San Jose, CA
email: GraceAreaProRealty@att.net
Hi Devin
A Realtor has access to the MLS Listing Service that can tell you a lot of information about a property, such as how many days the property has been on the market, if it's a Bank-Owned property, or a Short Sale, ect. You can also visit each banks website and type in REO or Bank Owned properties in the search menu, or look at the site map. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

"Dream Team" RealtyWorld-Peninsula Mortgage Group, Inc.
Hector Gamez & JoCel Perez
408-507-7939 or 408-836-7078
Direct Fax 408-716-3069
Devin, I am a Realtor in San Jose with 24 years of experience and an REO Certified. I will very happy to help you with all your questions.

Ines Stagnaro
Century 21 Hallmark
408 829-0773
Web Reference: http://www.inesforhomes.com
Devin, a Realtor can get that info for you. If you need a good Realtor in San Jose I have some great friends there who are very reputable.
Web Reference: http://www.DotChance.com