Tech Tips in San Francisco>Question Details

Chris, Home Buyer in Memphis, TN

Where can I find the price an owner paid for a home?

Asked by Chris, Memphis, TN Tue Dec 11, 2007

Answers

11
Hello Chris,

Contact a realtor (like me) and I can email you the information from the Assessor's records.
:00)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 21, 2007
Your Realtor can look through the title and tax records online and get you an answer almost immediately ... let me know if you need a couple of names in Memphis, I'm a member of the Women's Council of Realtors and we have several experienced members in your area. Good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 12, 2007
Call your local realtor or visit the tax assessors office. You can do this online in most cities. Or you can visit http://www.Zillow.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 12, 2007
Chris, most city and county tax collector offices in the US have the records. Most are available online. Below is the Shelby County Assessor's office website that has a place to look up property.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 12, 2007
3009 Baker Street Apt !, S.F., built in 1950, 1590sf. sold for $760K in 1997
Could not find how much 3009 Baker Street, APT 2, S.F. sold for from the tax record online. (blanks in property sale info)

Sylvia
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Novato, CA
3009 Baker St in the Marina. 94123
Welcome to San Francisco! Coming from Memphis you may experience a bit of sticker shock in terms of our prices. You're right that http://www.sfgov.gov portal doesn't post the tax rolls, you'd need to physically visit City Hall to look through the records, although there is other information that is useful. Feel free to email me the address at melanie@condocontessa.com and I can look it up for you.
Hello Chris:

Let me know the property address, I can get the tax record and how much a previous owner paid for a home for you.

Or try Zillow. There is a way to find it, but see my last post about Zillow - take it with a grain of salt!

Sylvia
I am not trying to look up Memphis info, I am trying to find San Fran prices online. I can't find a the tax assessors website for San Francisco to find online the property prices. I am relocating to san Fran and can't find anywhere to find what the current owner paid for a property.
Call your REALTOR - they can easily find the information through their connections.
Your local court house has a record of all purchases.