Tech Tips in Doylestown>Question Details

Henri and Je…, Real Estate Pro in Doylestown, PA

What was your most profitable tech tool for 2009?

Asked by Henri and Jeri Gutner, Doylestown, PA Wed Jan 20, 2010

Answers

15
Without a doubt - for me - BLOGGING. Brought me 4 transactions for about $2.8mm in volume.

The key is being disciplined about writing - making your content relevant and searchable - and answering questions immediately.

Tech is making us better - stronger and much more efficient. Great Question!
Yikes! I forgot all about POSTLETS ! Great tool - and allows me to syndicate as well as structure professional looking HTML and FLASH ads for websites and Blogs.

Thanks for jogging my memory Meg (they say it's the first to go!)

http://www.postlets.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 20, 2010
I tried TP twice and dumped it twice. Too expensive, too cumbersome.
I use a web based contact management program that is free and great: moresolds.com

Basic version is free, which is all I need.
If you do not use top producer how do you do contact management?

Just wondering why people don't use open source software that is available and pay for TP.

Sean
I use zipforms to prepare all my contracts, and just started with RELAY transaction management.
My Blackerry and applications such as smarter agent, Poynt, etc. are useful applications. Social networking on as many sites that you can manage is invaluable. What benefits do you see from Top Producer> Are there any other recommendations for contact management systems?
My Blackberry and TopProducer suite for my efficiency.
I would also have to say my blackberry. When you are on the go and waiting for documents, you can forward them right from your blackberry. Also, there are so many useful apps available.
From Blogging to syndication most tech tools make our life easier. Social networking seems to be the 2009 buzz tech thing to do. We will perfect it in 2010. I love the new apps for Twitter they are handy easy to use and a time saver. As far as products go, we still love our Fujitsu scansnaper. Trying to go totally paperless in 2010. Plus we planted 200 acres of trees in Uruguay to balance for the amount of paper that our office uses.
Henri,

Obviously social networking on Trulia, Zillow, and blogging on Active Rain has been very rewarding. Having a Blackberry has been essential for the past two years. So, you asked the question but what has been your most profitable tech tool for 2009 and what are you doing this year?

Frank Dolski MBA, ABR, e-PRO
Associate Broker
Coldwell Banker Hearthside
Henri and Geri - No question it has been listing syndication via the Keller Williams Listing System. Without a little research I can't give accurate numbers, but I would say no less than 10 leads per week. Of course it all depends on how you develop them but as a listing agent it is an invaluable tool. Great thread!
Web Reference: http://www.pareosales.com/
Gerard,

Just curious, active rain blogging, trulia blogging or personal using self hosted methods?

Regardless congrats!

Sean
It's got to be my website. I've spent years and thousands of dollars trying to build a comprehensive tool for my buyers and I believe I've succeeded. I'm not going to disclose the amount of money I've made with my website, but I have enough work to keep 3 full time buyers agents very, very busy.
I would agree below with Mack. Email capabilities on the go.

I don't measure how profitable it is...to me its about streamlining my business so I have time to do the most efficient thing that works for my business.

Sean
My Blackberry.

Without starting a brand war, the new-found ability to get my emails while I was on the road proved to be quite valuable. It also freed up evening time, because as soon as I got home at night, I would have to pore through 100 or so emails. Now, I can get the ones that are time-sensitive, and there's nothing waiting for me in my inbox when I get home. How cool is that!

Oh, and the google maps app is great for avoiding traffic jams, too!