Tech Tips in Ridgefield>Question Details

Melissa Riley, Real Estate Pro in Yorktown Heights, NY

What technology are you finding most useful in generating leads?

Asked by Melissa Riley, Yorktown Heights, NY Mon Nov 3, 2008

Answers

9
Past client referrals are still the best!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 24, 2011
Listings are key, and that is what home buyers are looking for. Enhance the listings with lots of photos and descriptive info. We get lots of leads but we do pay to enhance the listings on many larger RE websites. I do not pay for leads or any SEO.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 20, 2011
Melissa,

You should consider trying Facebook ads. The button for advertising is way at the bottom of your Facebook page.

Facebook will let you dial in the location, the demographic- male/female or both, single or married, age range, and many more....to come up with a target audience for your new ad. You can create an ad yourself to forward to your website or Facebook page or even your LinkedIn profile. You control how much you are willing to pay for each lead and how much you are willing to spend per day for each click. IT’S AWESOME!

Try it, you'll be amazed at the results. I've attached the link to go directly to the ads page to be able to learn more...

If you like my answer, please make sure to give me the "thumbs up!" I do appreciate it. If I gave the best answer, don't forget to reward me with The "Best Answer" for your question.

Best of luck to you!

Chris Schilling, ABR, CRS, GRI, GREEN
Broker- Founder
Turbo Realty
Houston, Austin, Denver
Web Reference: http://www.facebook.com/ads
Excellent question Melissa!

Most of our real estate agent clients want to use their website as a lead generation tool. In other words, to take nameless, faceless web visitors and turn them into real prospects. To do that, we set up their website to capture visitors’ contact information. Two popular ways to do that are: 1) Through an IDX on your site, which allows visitors to search properties on the MLS. You can “gate” that IDX so that people have to give you their contact information before they can search. 2) Through a home value estimator, which people also have to register to see.

Hope this helps!

Christene Honomichl, Marketing Specialist
http://www.CMRealEstateMarketing.com
A great website and good placement in the search engines. Over the past 2 years I have been focused solely on increasing my web presence and it has paid off in spades for me. There are currently about 200 buyers receiving listing updates from my site on a daily basis, I am ranked on page 1 of Google for all the major search terms in my areas, and many cases am in the number one spot. As a result I have seen my business more than triple and it is continuing to grow in a way that has exceeded my expectations.
I forgot to answer perhaps the most important question. Whatever you do, measure the activity. I spent some serious money on this very website, but I cancelled it as it didn't work for us. Oops. The moderator might delete this comment :-) The investment per lead was not worth it, for us. Other activities that work for us: open houses, stay in touch with your previous clients. Don't delegate the conversion activity for your team. Handling leads is probably one of the most important activities and it's one of the last things I would delegate.
Hi Melissa,

It is great to hear from you. We have found that individual websites (like Agency Logic) have been very useful in procuring leads. Also, we have been blogging, and that has been very good as well.

Thanks for contacting me! Cheers!
Hey Melissa
I miss you!! I hope and pray that all is well with you and your family. I think about and talk about you often. How is the management going? As you may know, I went back to KW. It is the best you can get! To answer your question, I agree with Andie. I have been making calls to everyone and letting them know it is a great buyers market as well as a great investors market. I take the pressure off the client and ask if they know of anyone who may be looking to buy or invest. We won't know that the market has hiy bottom until it is already on the upswing. Also ~ Read Gary Keller's new book called SHIFT - It is awesome. I hope this helps you and those you bring it to. Blessings to you!
It's a good life,
Tim
Web Reference: http://www.TKellerman.com
Hi Melissa - in our area in central Connecticut- we have a call center, all calls go there first, and we track the source of all calls and online contacts - Sign is still #1 (sometimes they find it on the internet though and then call from the sign when they are sitting in front of the house) and #2 following closely is a combination of internet sites with the top being realtor.com enhanced. (and I hate to admit that because I think the search technology on that site is bad but it is what it is). Amy chorew told me about a ton on online sites to put your listings and we have done that too - so now if you google one of our properties it shows up with 2 pages of links -so thats kind of neat. http://(www.amychorew.com). Plus I personally love our website because it has a google search engine server so when people do go to our site they spend hours of time searching for things like, near train, or waterfront, or bank owned. Hope this helped.