Question Details

Kaira West, Real Estate Pro in Portland, OR

What kind of a laptop do you use for your business?

Asked by Kaira West, Portland, OR Mon Mar 28, 2011

Any recommendations or advice on what works best and why?

Answers

4
I use a Mac Pro and L-O-V-E it! I had a Sony Vaio prior and enjoyed that one too!
Great question Kaira!

I use a Dell laptop right now and have no complaints. However, a lot of our clients have an iPad and love them.

For example:The other day I went on a “ride-along” with one of our new real estate agent clients to get a sense of how he interacted with his buyers and sellers, where his expertise was, how we could brand him in the crowded marketplace. We met at the local Starbucks, where he was on his iPad making a few updates to his contact database. He then pulled up the Map app to find directions for where we were meeting the first prospect of the day.

After that first prospect meeting, the agent had a listing presentation. He had a nicely packaged book of materials to leave behind, but conducted the bulk of the presentation on his iPad, showing an example of the micro-website he could create for the sellers’ home and walking them through their market snapshot.
Clearly, the iPad was a big advantage for this agent, allowing him to do everything he would have done on his laptop, but in a much more compact, quick to power-up, user-friendly package.

Christene Honomichl, Marketing Specialist
http://www.CMRealEstateMarketing.com
It's not a laptop, but I use an iPad because it accomplishes 90% of what I need to do. I work with a tech educator and he loves his touch-screen Fujitsu laptop because he can have contracts signed on the go.
I use a Dell laptop. I have always had good luck with Dell computers. They have deals on their web site all the time. It is small, convenient, easy to use, nice sized keyboard, large enough screen for my buyers to look at, and I have never had any problems with it.

Tammy Hayes, Green Lion Realty, Port Charlotte, FL tammyhayesre@gmail.com