Tech Tips in Phoenix>Question Details

BEST  2  INV…, Other/Just Looking in PHX,AZ

What is the fastest way to completing the 90 hrs required to take the real estate agents exam?

Asked by BEST 2 INVEST, PHX,AZ Thu Aug 23, 2007

Is it online or attend the classes with an
instructure? I am in Arizona ,all I can find are
spread out to where it would take me longer to complete then I wish to. Im looking for classes that are all day and 3 -4 times a week ............not 3 hours 3 tmes a week.!!!!!

Thank You,
Lora

Answers

10
Steve wrote: "I'm not sure if it can be done faster online or not."

It's not a function of whether it can be done faster on-line. Current Arizona regulations don't allow licensing classes to be taken on-line. Renewal hours, yes. Licensing, no.

I took my pre-licensing classes at PIRE. I'm currently taking Broker's licensing classes at AZ School of Real Estate and Business. I find the instructors (for the most part) are better (or at least more engaging) at AZREB, as well as the facilities.

Lora - keep in mind that the classroom hours are only part of the battle. You also have to take an additional contracts course, pass the school tests, and then the state and national tests. Getting scheduled to take the state and national exams can sometimes take weeks. If you're in a real hurry, consider using the testing center in Casa Grande -- you can usually get in much faster there. You can also try walking into the Phoenix testing centers and see if they have a cancellation and will fit you in, but that's a hit-and-miss proposition.
I have to disagree with all who answered that you cannot take pre-licensing classes online. Actually, there is a hybrid online pre-licensing course you may take. I call it a hybrid, because like online courses you can set your own hours. However, you must take the online course at a certified location with a proctor present for questions. This is a great way to complete your 90 hours, especially if you have children or a daytime job. Call the Renewal Education Corporation for locations. I used to teach this course for REC and graduated a couple dozen students who were pleased with the program.
Lora -

Since you're in Phoenix, taking the licensing classes on-line as Carrie mentioned isn't an option. In Arizona, you can take license *renewal* classes on-line, but the State Department of Real Estate has NOT approved on-line licensing classes.

You have to physically attend the classes. Most schools offer a nine day "crash" course. Try the AZ School of Real Estate and Business. http://www.asreb.com / 480-946-5388. Completing the courses in 9 days will be torture, but you'll get it over with...

Good luck!!
You should look into Westford College in Glendale. They offer the two week crash course so it should take you no time. Just remember, the hard part is not going to the classes it's passing all the exams.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 18, 2007
Lora,

I would recommend attending the Realty Estate Learning Center school located in Mesa, at Dobson and Guadalupe roads. My husband just recently finished his 90 hours of classes there, and commented to me over, and over on the quality of information learned there. Some of the classes there are taught by the woman that owns the school there. She is a very seasoned realtor, and a very respectable person as well, according to my husband. The schedule is extremely flexible, morning or evening, you choose your own schedule. Hope that this helps.

Nina. Phone: 602-410-4352
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2007
As Jay said, the Arizona School of Business and Real Estate is the way to go to get it done. One great part about that school, is when you enroll in any series, even the 9-day crash course, you are really enrolling in their open schedule for either 3 months or 6 months, meaning if you miss a class, no problem, just go to the one that fits your schedule. Some people are scared to commit to the 9 day crash course, but this is what I did. There will be a lot of information and some find the school test a challenge. But pass the school test and the state exam is a breeze.

On a side note, I believe this is a great time to get your license... What I mean is that if you do the right activities in this challenging market and become successful now, you will more than likely always be successful. Do not use the current market as an excuse for not doing well. Go in with the correct mindet that you will do whatever necessary to make it and you will.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 23, 2007
Lara, I would say if you are trying to complete is short amount of time that you would benefit from an online course. You can work as fast or slow as you want on line as long as you complete in the required amount of time. (usually six month deadline) Most of the local schools will have an on line version of their class. I took my classes on line through proeducate.com They are not available in all states but look them up and see if you can do this class in your area. I hope this helps!
Web Reference: http://carriecrowell.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 23, 2007
I've got a lot of respect of the Arizona School of Real Estate. I took my original contracts class there, and was very impressed. Unfortunately, when I went to school, their hours of class time didn't work for my schedule and instead I attended the Professional Institute of Real Estate.

The 10x9 route is almost certainly going to be the fastest way. 10 days of 9 hour classes and you're done, and at times it can be done in 2 weeks. It took me 3 weeks, as they weren't offering the crash schedule right when I started. Both of those schools offer that schedule, but may not offer to start it every Monday.

I'm not sure if it can be done faster online or not. My guess is that the state law of limiting you to 9 hours of instruction per day has to be enforced online in some way or another. And honestly, I think having a live instructor, as boring as it can be at times, is well worth the extra "effort" of being in a real class
Web Reference: http://blog.101bell.com
The Arizona School of Real Estate in Old Town Scottsdale is your best bet. They offer accelerated courses in which you can complete the 90 hours in two weeks. Good luck.
Well, in the time it takes to look you could probably complete the class!

Seriously, many schools offer different types of scheduling. I'm sure their schedules may be found on line. I 've seen the option of every weekend, or every day.