Tech Tips in Tampa>Question Details

Gary De Pury, Real Estate Pro in Pasco County, FL

What do you guys do with all of the junk faxes you get???

Asked by Gary De Pury, Pasco County, FL Wed Jul 23, 2008

I get two or three a day. I used to get 10 to 15 but I came up with a plan. I wonder what you guys do?????

Gary De Pury
Broker-Owner
Bay Vista Realty

1 vote Share Flag Tech Tips in Tampa

Answers

9
Gary
I started faxing stuff to the fax police, my junk faxes deminshed pretty quickly. Here is the info:

Tired of receiving unwanted faxes? Here’s a simple way to be removed from fax lists and it’s FREE.

Simply fax your unwanted faxes to 800-473-6209 and the Fax Police will remove you from the fax lists.
The FAX POliCE is a free service intended to keep fax lists clean. You should notice fewer “junk” faxes IMMEDIATELY.
Many of the companies that are sending faxes to you keep their own internal database of fax numbers. To be removed from their lists, you must fax us their “junk” fax. Make sure your fax number appears on the page. We will contact them and have you removed from their lists.
Keep our fax number by the fax machine and just simply fax your junk faxes to us and we will take care of it for you.
The Fax Police removal fax #:
1800 473 6209

ALSO

forwarding your number to a paperless fax number like:

efax.com
myfax.com

are also other suggestions.

Katrina Madewell
we use the back side of the faxes for scratch paper
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 24, 2008
It seems that the traditional fax machine is going the way of the dinosaur. Scanning and e:mail seem to be the method of choice.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 23, 2008
I use Mongo fax and have a fax server at my office, but I also maintain a HP laser fax for my agents who don't like the new fangled contraptions like the magic box....

But because of that fax, I get these junk faxes. Later I will disclose how I got rid of most of the tree killing, ink wasting, crap. It is quite a hoot.

Anyway, I am just wondering if I am alone in this fight.....!!

Gary De Pury
Broker-Owner
Bay Vista Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 23, 2008
I've never really gotten more than one or two of them. About two months ago I actually discontinued my fax number and have gone paperless using scanning and email. I've not faxed anything but one document in the last year because so many people are on the net at this point.

Maybe you can subscribe to a system where your faxes are emailed so you can just delete the junk and save a few trees?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 23, 2008
Since we have switched to a electronic fax system, we have not received any junk faxes. That might be an option for you.
Same issue with our 'fax machine'. We really only use it for outbound (signatures) so I just had the number changed. All junk stopped. We use our internet fax for everything and it 'never' gets junk. The company (faxtopia.com) says they have a 'spam filter' on their fax servers. Seems to work.....
Web Reference: http://www.faxtopia.com
Scratch paper...great idea...but that still leaves the ink cost.

Gary De Pury
Broker-Owner
Bay Vista Realty & Investments, Inc.
Chairman, Communications Committee
Greater Tampa Association of REALTORS®
Director, Florida Association of REALTORS®
I like the fax police idea, I will check them out. Like I said, I use mongo-fax and a fax server, but the outbound fax still gets hit. The number gets out. What I do is keep all of the junk faxes in a drawer and every day, when I get them I take the stack of 50 or so faxes and send them all to the newest violator ( delayed for 3:00 am) along with a copy of the law and my invoice for the $5000.00 fine payable to my company. I have not collected the fine yet, but one of these days I will.

But when you come into the office and you see 50 pieces of paper on the floor and an invoice for $5000.00. You get the idea really quick.

I have gotten a couple of irate phone calls, and I ask them to have their attorney call me. For some reason he never calls.

This may seem like a crazy move, but I simply got tired of the garbage.

Gary De Pury
Broker-Owner
Bay Vista Realty

Insert Thumbs down
about.......here |