Tech Tips in Dallas>Question Details

Carlos Cabal…, Other/Just Looking in 02302

What are the best websites to post a house for rent?

Asked by Carlos Caballero, 02302 Tue Mar 18, 2008

0 votes Share Flag Tech Tips in Dallas

Answers

16
what is best sites to post you house for rent? I chose zillo.com and find my roof.com and rentdigs.com and finally realrentals.com however, they are expecting a fee when the site clearly said free posting. Oh yes, I also used Craigs list which I did receive several spammers. I need advice by someone who has had great success (signed Cami from Florida
1. Consult a local Realtor, commissions are less than what you might imagine and the agent should be able to run credit checks/background checks/etc. Not to mention the agent has access to the local MLS and undoubtedly will give you the most exposure.

2. Craigslist is a great resource. Prepare to have your inbox filled with garbage and leads that won't call you back. Good exposure though.

3. Hotpads.com has been a large driver for rental leads for me.
If you are an agent then Trulia is one of the best sites to post your listing.
I've had good success with rentalads.com. My home gets sent to several other major websites when I list with them. have also tried craigslist with mixed success. I get alot of inquiries, but about half of them are spammers.
all of the sources mentioned below such as Craiglist are great resources to increase exposure and locate potential tenants. Also, you might consider real estate brokerages who specialize in residential leases. We have thousands of rental inquiries/month for rental homes, townhomes, condos, lofts and apartments in the DFW area and employ apartment locators and resdiential leasing specialists to help tenants locate properties for rent and to assist landlords in locating qualified tenants.
Rentclicks.com, it's not called that anymore but it will take you to the new site. Very good success!
Might try Rentvine.com, I have also had great luck with newspaper ads as well.
You may also want to contact a local Realtor. MLS can be a great source for rentals, qualified renters and it costs 1 months rent to do it. Plus, you do not have to be home to let people in etc. If not, I vote Craigslist...maybe Backpage.com. Good luck Carlos
Web Reference: http://www.HouseHuntDFW.com
Thanks to all .Your help and expertise is greatly appreciate it!
Besgt website is craigslist and rentals.com. Good luck.
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA
Few more suggestions:

Dallas Morning News
http://www.rentals.com
http://www.rentmarker.com

Susan Walker
FEW SUGGESTIONS:
a) Are you trying to lease your house yourself? If so be extremely careful you can be sued by potential tenants that know all kinds of "tips and tricks of the trade" I have handled 5 worked with 5 clients over the past 6 weeks who leased their home got sued in less than 30 days from the tenants. HOWEVER I can't assit these landlords for they did not have a realtor reprsention.
b) Realtor listing your home you fall under their errors & ommission insurance policy for protection
c) Realtor can post on MLS most search engine for leasing properties, and we qualify the potential tenant.
d) There are 25 GREAT website we post listings to however you have to continually stay on top of the postings.

I DON'T mean to scare you just concerned when general public want to do a FSOB, purchase direct from a buyer, or lease a property we receive soooooo many crying stories off these situations.
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
Craigslist is great. Before you go to Craigslist, go to postlets.com. That site will make a flyer html code to paste into Craigslist and the best part is that it syndicates the listing to about ten other sites automatically!

Oh and many of these companies have staff responsible for relocation. They will utilize Craigslist, but you can try simply calling a company and asking to speak with relocation staff, send them a link to your posting. Offer them incentives or if all this sounds complicated, hire a REALTOR.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Thanks Deborah,!! what about companies relocating their executives , is there anyway to know who they are and how to offer the house for rent?
Craigslist.com and the websites of local newspapers.
Thanks Debbie!
Flag Tue Jul 3, 2012
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ