Tech Tips in 02466>Question Details

M K, Both Buyer and Seller in Newton, MA

What are real estate web sites with the highest number of visitors ?

Asked by M K, Newton, MA Wed Oct 20, 2010

I am planning to sell my townhouse in Newton, MA and am wondering if somebody has any
statistics on the web sites? Which ones have most users and are most successful in attracting buyers.

0 votes Share Flag Tech Tips in 02466

Answers

16
Lori Lincoln’s answer
realtor.com, trulia, zillow and then all the rest. If your agent isn't a paid subscriber of enhanced listings on realtor.com, your visibility could be hindered. You need an agent who is tech savvy and uses all the tools to help you sell.
Web Reference: http://southeastmahomes.com
Hi Maksim,

I don't have any statistics for you but have a marketing idea for you if you plan on marketing your townhouse yourself....

You can create a flyer on Postlets.com for free. You can have this flyer syndicated to many of the top real estate marketing websites....you can also post your flyer to Craig's List (but be prepared to receive lots of spam from this one).

Good luck!!!

Judy Boyle
RE/MAX Signature Properties
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 20, 2010
Maksim
The National Association of Realtors reports unique visitors to the top 20 Real Estate Websites each month.
The most recent data available is for July. FYI the top 6 are as follows with their number of unique vistors in millions. You can see that the vistors number starts to drop off significantly after the first five. The ranking within the top five tends to shift somewhat from one month to the next, but Realtor.com, Zillow and Trulia tend to be consistently in the top five. Realtor.com usually stays number 1.
REALTOR.COM 9,068
ZILLOW.COM 7,842
Yahoo! Real Estate 7,455
MSN Real Estate 6,400
TRULIA.COM 6,149
HOMES.COM 3,764
Realtor.com, Trulia and Zillow are the top three. And there are about a hundred more! But there is so much more to marketing a home than just putting it on the right websites. You will get far more traffic if it is on your local Multiple Listing Service and only realtors have access to realtor.com. What attracts buyers is not necessarily websites, though they do begin their search on line more often than not these days. When buyers go on line they want to see lots of photos, a virtual tour, and they want lots and lots of details about the property, if they like what they see they will then do a drive-by and if they STILL like what they see they may schedule a showing. So, if you want to try to sell on your own, be sure to include lots of quality photos, and property details.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 20, 2010
Check realtor.com, of course this site Trulia and zillow those sites do have traffice stats.
REALTOR.COM hands down most reliable source. Updated every 15 minutes with 25 pictures. More people visit that site than any other. MLS fed. For a FSBO craigslist must be your best site.
I am a Realtor in Florida, and I've had great success with Trulia. The next on the list would be Realtor.com
Good luck, I understand the market is doing ok up there.

Robin Ricker
Century 21
321-289-8881
No stats from me, but when I remember to ask active buyers which site they prefer, Trulia seems to be the most influential and easy to use. That is why I spend so much effort working on it.
Sites like trulia and zillow, etc, do a fantastic job of increasing your properties seo on google and reach web savvy home buyers in a unique way. Another idea is to make your own website for the property - can be a simple landing page - the address of your home should be the URL.
Once your listing goes into the MLS it feeds to almost all residential brokerage websites now (if you find a real estate website that doesn't have your listing once posted I wouldn't worry about it. Just means that company hasn't adjusted their web model to meet the online home buyer demands and therefore they are insignificant).
Web Reference: http://territoryre.com
Your Postlet looks fabulous, Maksim!

Again, please be aware that you WILL receive some bogus inquiries via email. Do not click on any links as they are viruses!

Thanks for the BEST ANSWER!!!! I appreciate that!

Judy
I get the most buyer leads from Realtor.com, Zillow and Trulia. As a FSBO you can post esily on Zillow
Web Reference: http://www.mdmrealtyinc.com
Lyle - thanks for the detailed answer !
Hi Judy

Thanks for the hint on Postlets. Check out my new postlet :)

Maksim
Realtor.com is the consumer web site. Anyone can have an accoount to search and get listings sent to them. Realtor.org is the one you have to be a Realtor (not just a real estate agent) to have an account on.

The listings from Realtor.com come from all the local MLS sites. You can have your listing posetd on MLS for a fee, but you can't do enhanced listings.

Deb
Web Reference: http://homes.debn.net
James, Suzanne - thanks for your answers.

Suzanne, I have an account on Realtor.com and am not a realtor.
http://www.realtor.com, that's probably got the most hits of all...