Tech Tips in Dallas>Question Details

Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX

Phone rooms for agents. We're thinking of building or buying a building for our real estate office.

Asked by Bruce Lynn, Coppell, TX Mon Oct 25, 2010

Several agents have asked for dedicated small closed cubicle space for dedicated phone time. Not an office, just a space to put a laptop, a phone, and no distractions for 2-3 hrs of non-stop calling. Has anyone seen these, or had experience with them? The trouble we are bumping up against is cost. Just to add a door seems pretty pricy. Anything you wish you had done differently when you built your real estate sales office?

0 votes Share Flag Tech Tips in Dallas

Answers

2
T.E. Sumner’s answer
Bruce,

Why don't you stop by our office 9669 N Central #270 and see the carrels for agents. Each carrel has a built-in computer connected to a networked printer and a phone. The carrels have cloth walls to knock down noise but aren't "offices".

Terry@Sumner-Realty.com
Prior to my real estate career, I spent many years as a management consultant. During that tenure, I saw a number fo call centers handling both inbound and outbound calls. Never did see an environment where the sales people were in phone closets.

I did see a lot of effort made in noise reduction. Higher walls between cubes and plenty of sound absoring material help to buffer otherwise wide open spaces. Using modular furniture also provided the most long term flexibility for future office arrangement.

I think with the right design, you can reap most of the benefit you are seeking without having to build a lot of walls and doors. Probably worth brainstorming the true business requirements (contain noise level, some amount of privacy, technology connections, room for laptop and papers, etc) and then seeking advice on how to best accomplish from a design firm.