Tech Tips in Tampa>Question Details

Ainsley Daux, Real Estate Pro in Florida

Most of my business is generated thru referrals, advertising and repeat business. What is the best way to build an online presence...?

Asked by Ainsley Daux, Florida Wed Oct 6, 2010

1 vote Share Flag Tech Tips in Tampa

Answers

9
Hi Ainsley,

I always recommend attending one of Trulia's free webinars on online marketing. Even though they're geared toward what we offer, they also contain a lot of good ideas about how to approach marketing on the Internet (link below).

Charlie Wheeler
Account Manager | Trulia
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 6, 2010
Have more than one web site. Do blogging on several sites. Some sites to use: Trulia, Active Rain, Merchant Circle, Blogger, Word Press, Twitter, Facebook, Linked In, and Hi5. I write real estate articles for Examiner.com. You can check out their web site and see if they need someone for your area. Also sign up for the Housing Trends e-newsletter. See my links below.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Sandals Realty, Punta Gorda, FL
Fax: 941-766-1767
tammyhayesre@gmail.com - E-mail
tammyhayesre.mfr.mlxchange.com - Search for Properties on my Web Site
http://tammyhayesre.housingtrendsenewsletter.com/ - See my monthly e-newsletter
http://www.examiner.com/x-61768-Ft-Myers-Real-Estate-Examiner - See my real estate articles & subscribe for free
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 24, 2010
I've read here from other agents that Trulia is faster and gets more Google juice than AR. Normally, if I Google "____ (city name) real estate", I'll see Trulia in the top 3-6 rankings, whereas ActiveRain is nowhere to be found on the page. Sometimes an individual from AR will come up for city linking to AR, but nowhere near as much as Trulia, again. And they've probably been blogging for months.

So I guess the best advice would be to use both Trulia and AR and all other resources available to you. One other suggestion. When you write blogs here at Trulia (which you can then copy/paste to all other sites), you need to be proactive every day. It's time consuming. So when you go Write a New Post, you don't have to finish it on the spot. Have a great title? Write it in the title line. Have some great ideas to kick it off with? Write 2 or 3 sentences. You don't have to finish it on the spot nor do you have to post it. Don't get caught sitting in front of your computer scratching your head. Just click Save as Draft. After a while, you may have 10-15 great blogs half finished that you can work on every day without the pressure, stress and boredom of having to complete and post it!! When it's ready and complete, click Publish. VOILA!

GOOD LUCK.

Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
Active rain will get you the most "Google Juice". It will have you showing up in searches for your name - possibly legitimizing your stature in an area.

I would use Blogger. It is free - easy to manage for a newbie - and FREE. Did I say FREE?

You can adjunct the site with custom header bars for a real professional look.

Gerry Dunn
Associate Broker
703-216-9100

Serving Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C. for 28 years
Hi Ainsley,

It looks like you received some great responses. That was a good question and I so happy to other agents willing to share their success tools.

Web Reference: http://homesbycarli.com
I appreciate the tips. Im new to blogging, my goal is to be more consistant with it. I hear many many agents say "blogging has help increase there online presence". Do I need to blog on multiple site such as wordpress, google, trulia, activerain.?
Hi Ainsley,

Some of the ways to build an online presence from your current source:
1. Purchase a domain name and website with blogging capabilities and make sure your listingsare syndicated to real esate sites, like Trulia, Zillow or make sure you post listings to those sites.
2. On all your advertising, emails to past clients, make sure you brand yourself with your email address.
3. Send out emails to your sphere with links to any listings you have posted on your website with additional photos and video.
4. Send out ecards to your sphere with any real esate info with links back to your website.
5. Blog.

Just a start but hope this helps. Good Luck!

Jeanne
6. Answer questions on Trulia and other sites.
Hi Ainsley. You need a mix!! Blogging, ads on classifieds, registering yourself on Yelp, Twitter, FB, MerchantCircle, GoogleBase and every other site you see. You must be everywhere at once, not just blogging. Then you need to drive traffic to your site.

Why not start out with a membership here and possibly Point2Agent? You need to work on this every day, you can't do it sporadically. Gotta keep the momentum or it fizzles.

GOOD LUCK and contact me personally if you need more info!!!

I believe strongly in blogging LOCALLY. Almost half of my business comes from on line leads through my blog.

Feel free to call me with questions. It is easy and cheap. Check out my website/blog below. It is all FREE through Blogger(A Google Company).

Good luck! You are looking at the right place to supplement your business.

Hey - and if you like the answer - check me as the "Best Answer"!

Gerry Dunn
Associate Broker
703-216-9100