Question Details

Kids&me, Home Seller in 12533

Is there a site showing what's the avg. sales price, avg. number of days on the market in an area?

Asked by Kids&me, 12533 Tue Oct 2, 2007

Answers

7
The best way to get accurate and timely information is to work with a local real estate professional. They can pull all that information from the MLS in a more concise manner (like just for your immediate area or neighborhood) rather than giving a broad general number that you might find elsewhere.
Trisha Lee
RE/MAX Boone Realty
Columbia, MO
Web Reference: http://www.TalkToTrisha.com
Historically, websites have protected sales data, by asking the user to register for an account. Usually your local brokerage firm will have this data in a monthly report format.
Absolutely. Are you thinking about your current home or your future home?

Either way, you should be able to ask your Realtor whether he/she is in your current location or future location to look up the average sales prices and average number of days on the market for that specific area.

However, when people ask this question, I always ask them to look broader than just the numbers.

Other than just look at the average price and DOM for a certain location to give a general idea; when you are ready to buy or sell; you really need to know the exact location, the desirability of the house, the condition of the house (upgrades, fixer), whether the house came on the market at the hot season or slow season, perhaps the presentation of the house and many, many other factors which might have affected the pricing and selling of the property.

Know as much details about the property you are comparing to, will allow you to make a more informed choice whether to price your house for sale or to purchase a new home for you and your kids.

Asking a reputable in a specific area will help tremendously in your big transition.

Sylvia
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Marin County, CA
Each month I send this information out to my contact within my web sites database… OK I admit this is a service that my web site does for me… and my clients love getting this information each month.

Lola Schulze
Lake Tahoe Real Estate Consultant.
Sorry, there isn't a site with that information but a professional agent in your area can certainly get that information for you. It's in the Multi-List system but needs to be calculated by a set of criteria. For example, higher priced homes in a lower priced market will always sit longer as there is a smaller group that can purchase so the real question you want to ask is...how long are homes that match the criteria of the home you're trying to SELL averaging. Need to input size square footage, age, bedrooms and baths, and in larger markets divide it out by parts of town. Some subdivisions are hotter than others (maybe because of schools or other amenities). The best way to determine this information is to get a good REALTOR. Also, just an aside, some of the national sites (like ZILLOW) are way off when you try to get this information.
Hi again Kids & Me:

The simple answer is no, just like Paul said. Remember, it is not just the information that is important but how to interpret that information. Just like a Doctor, who looks at all the signs and systems of their client to determine what the true issue is; a Realtor will interpret the data as they are trained combined with experience to determine what the data reveals.
Not That I know of. Major listing services have this information and a Realtor could get this information to you.
Web Reference: http://www.TeamRenton.com