Tech Tips in Fort Lauderdale>Question Details

Jackie, Other/Just Looking in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have an old florida house all wood, with wood floors, wood paned windows, screen porch on a double lot, 4

Asked by Jackie, Fort Lauderdale, FL Tue Nov 13, 2007

bedroom, 2 bath. new roof. all the sites i go to, have the wrong info, like number of baths, sq footage. how do i get accurate info, without having someone come out?

Answers

4
Why are you searching?

Do you need to sell?

Want to refinance?

Not all sites are up to date, and some are not official record.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it!
the question really is, WHY you need the accurate info? Is it because you want to sell? If so, I would get out your old appraisals, or what proof you have of the info and move on. You are currently being taxed on what the tax rolls say you have. In order to change that, someone from the assessors office will have to have proof, change it - then your taxes will go up.

If you want to sell, don't do this.

If you want to refi, just provide proof to the mtg company that tax rolls are incorrect, but be prepared for higher taxes when the refi goes through.
Having someone come out to do a reasonable comparative analysis should not cost you anything, and therefore my question is, why would you not want someone to do that? Ask around for the name of a good realtor, and they can help you straighten out the information.
Web Reference: http://www.myketriebold.com
Are you sauying the tax roles are wrong? if so the only way is for someone to come out. You wont be able to change them yourself.
Web Reference: http://www.neerpat.com