Tech Tips in San Diego>Question Details

David Billar, Real Estate Pro in San Diego, CA

I am looking for feedback from agent using Top Producer. Thanks. David Billar

Asked by David Billar, San Diego, CA Tue Aug 2, 2011

Answers

7
I used Top Producer for over 10 years but that was when I owned the software. I switched my entire data base of 33 years about 2 years ago to Microsoft Outlook. Why ..... because I personally didn't want to pay a monthly charge and I didn't want all my information about my clients to be held by the their website. I like to control my personal information about my listings, sales, all my notes and who my clients are. I'm happy with Outlook and it's free!!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 2, 2011
I would not recommend TP at all. When I first started in the business I ordered it. The support is terrible and it is a very difficult program to learn. The company tries in everyway possible to keep you tied to them, only lessons you learn along the way...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 2, 2011
Thank you all very much for your helpfull input.

David P. Billar
Very interesting answers. The Campbell Group has used Top Producer for probably twenty years and have found it to be a great contact management program. We don't use all the bells and whistles but we do use "Market Snapshot". That is a program that automatically every few weeks sends my clients a market analysis of properties in their specific area. My clients love it. I also check my todo's every day and it keeps me on track. Top Producer is expensive and I'd love to find something just as good that can do the market snapshot, my daily schedule and my reminders for less money. I'll be interested in following this discussion.
I agree with Charles, although I know noting about TP. I use Outlook in Small Business Office with Business Contact Manager. It's really simpler than any other CRM I've used and I don't have the expense of any contracts to renew.

Happy funding, Rudi
Web Reference: http://www.umboc.com
David,
TP8i if a fully featured CRM program. It has more bells and whistles than you can count. Unfortunately, it is the most difficult to learn to use. The development process that TP evolved through has created operational caveats that have you accessing resources in counter-intuitive ways. Don't get me started on the fees for add on and syncing. TP8i was one of 14 CRM programs I had Oatka Data complete a validation testing and implementation program on. One CRM was deemed too dangerous to use while others appeared to have had little if any validation at all....These programs were allegedly in use by real estate professionals.

What I would suggest you do is complete a list of those features you actually need your CRM to do. Know what you are going to use and what has any practical benefit to your business. Then check out WiseAgent.com Great price, good features...and, just to be transparent, I receive no compensation. If you however mentioned my name they may send me a fruit cake in December.
Web Reference: http://www.MyDunedin.com
I soooo agree with Sharon!