Tech Tips in Boca Raton>Question Details

Kim  Bregman, Real Estate Pro in 33431

I am considering purchasing the iPad2 but would like to know how you are using it to advance your real estate business or using it in the field.

Asked by Kim Bregman, 33431 Fri Mar 18, 2011

What APPS are you using? Does your MLS software work on a MAC? Any advice you can offer to justify this expense would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

8
Kim,

Number one feature for us is to quickly show buyers, while they are in the car, details on homes not on our list to be shown that day.

99% of the time those other homes do not fit the buyers needs and we can remove the concern that they may be missing out on a better home. We've already researched everything prior to starting our day with the buyer.

Email is huge too. Sure we get email on our phone, but the screen is so big and easy to read.

Our IPAD has paid for itself already...

I hope that helped you.
Hi Kim,
The iPad2 is a great tool to have and there are many real estate related apps out there to help you be more successful. Such as:WordPress,Docusign,Realtor.com,etc...

Part of being successful is having the right tools. (After all, a five-star chef doesn’t stir his pots with splintered wooden spoons.) And because real estate agents are always on the go, having the right mobile technology is key. While there are, clearly, a huge number of really cool mobile technologies, I think that two are really must-haves: the iPad and the Smartphone.

The other day I went on a “ride-along” with one of our new real estate agent clients to get a sense of how he interacted with his buyers and sellers, where his expertise was, how we could brand him in the crowded marketplace. We met at the local Starbucks, where he was on his iPad making a few updates to his contact database. He then pulled up the Map app to find directions for where we were meeting the first prospect of the day.

After that first prospect meeting, the agent had a listing presentation. He had a nicely packaged book of materials to leave behind, but conducted the bulk of the presentation on his iPad, showing an example of the micro-website he could create for the sellers’ home and walking them through their market snapshot.
Clearly, the iPad was a big advantage for this agent, allowing him to do everything he would have done on his laptop, but in a much more compact, quick to power-up, user-friendly package.

Christene Honomichl, Marketing Specialist
http://www.CMRealEstateMarketing.com
I do find it helpful while working with clients. You can put all of your marketing materials into I-Books, there are stored as pdfs, and easily openable. You can show how you have marketed properties in the past, with ads, postcards, flyers etc.
I can have the Mls open up in real time, and other agent friendly sites. I have multiple title sites available to look up history.
Even if you go on Zillow, you can use it as a pricing tool.
I have the first genertation I-Pad
Charise

Oh, my main computer is a pc, but most of our mls now work with mac
I have the first genertation I-Pad
Charise
Dear Kim,

Kevin has a valid point...flash does not work on IPAD's or any apple products.....
My wife just got one and I went to showingdesk and looked up properties OK but when I went to transaction desk, I could navigate the site OK but I couldnt open documents. I think that flash is not compatible with the operating system and neither is Adobe PDF.

I didn't go any further like checking the MLS after Transaction desk didnt work
Dear Kim,

IDX Broker has a free application for Ipad and Iphones, you should check it out!!! I have an application on my site from IDX broker, it's agentboca.com....then go to the bottom of my home page....if you have a phone or an ipad and you're with a client...it pulls up all available properties in that area.

Jen Sommers
Web Reference: http://www.AgentBoca.com
Kim;
Works really well at a listing appointment.
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com