Tech Tips in North Conway>Question Details

Rose Robinson, Real Estate Pro in North Conway, NH

How to link all the social media networks so don't have to duplicate.?

Asked by Rose Robinson, North Conway, NH Fri Dec 12, 2008

I belong to activerain, facebook, linkedin, twitter, myspace...how do you write a good blog or report in one, and have it show up in all these places so don't have to re-do?

Answers

10
RJ Ponzio’s answer
Surprisingly, I still have the same opinion now, in 2012... Be sure to credit the main source of your content with a follwed link and focus your efforts there.

@Bill FYI, This question is from 2009. I noticed that you are using WordPress with the AgentPress theme and the Diverse Solutions IDX plugin, I have looked into this exact setup for various agents and am curious what you think of it? Also, just a small friendly tip, I would check into improving your page load speeds, Google factors the speed into the algo now and it took about 5 seconds to load each page.
Hi Rose,
I hope you get some good answers because I too, am writing each one individually. It's good I don't have any real estate business right now, otherwize I wouldn't have time for the blogs.
Dane
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 12, 2008
Hi Rose,

As a graduate of the SB school of SEO and now ranked as an SEO Ninja...the big problem with duplicating content is that it undermines the effectiveness of it's seo "juice". Google, Yahoo and Bing may not "penailize" you for dupes but they will only use one to help your ranking. So unique content on your blogs is good but tedious. You social media stuff is another side of the question.... low cost services like Hootsuite can bring your accounts under 1 easy to manage roof and you can streamline your SMM that way.
I don't want to give away too much more since we are in the same market, but if you want to get back to the glory days of you and your company ranking better you will need to change something and hire someone like myself to get on the job again.
There are now a few applications that post to different social networking sites at once.

Ping Updates Twitter with other Social Networking Sites.

http://ping.fm

Hope this helps
I don't think that you'll find an easy way to post to multiple blogs. I recommend getting an online personal assistant to help you with the tedious work of copy and pasting and just helping you with your online presence. I here asksunday.com is pretty good for PAs. Also, I have another social network to add to your list--it's called flippingpad.com and targeted towards real estate investors.
Web Reference: http://www.flippingpad.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 10, 2009
The answer to your question may be found in an article on RISMedia today. See the link below. In the article, the author has used Hellotxt to update Status postings across most of her online locations and Xobni which combines SN information from Facebook and Linked In with Outlook. The article also had links to other resources at the end about how Real Estate Professionals can better utilize social networking. I hope this helps!
Rose,

The answer to your question is develop a good strategy that marries your efforts and lets you leverage your resources with an ecumenical approach to developing content. Consider joining us this week for a FREE Webinar, "7Steps to Amplify Your Trulia Voice with your ActiveRain Blog."
I would have to agree with the copy/paste method. Although, for SEO reasons, I would still make the content at least slightly different. It would also help to pick one of those websites as your "main" blog. Probably either your ActiveRain blog or Trulia blog, although it's really up to you. Then, as you paste the content into all the other sites, leave a link at the bottom crediting your main site as the source of the content. This would help avoid Google's duplicate content penalty, and possibly also boost the "source" website's reputation.
Unfortanately right now you do have to copy and past it ion each individual site. Sites are trying to stay unique and independant of other sites so they do not cross each others lines or promote each others blogs nevermind their sites. keep cutting and pasting, it will save time from retyping. good luck rose...
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
I am not aware of any program that will allow you to post in multi-blogs. Most bloggers develop different text for each blog post.
Web Reference: http://www.justlistednh.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 12, 2008