Tech Tips in 48104>Question Details

Jon, Both Buyer and Seller in Los Angeles, CA

How realistic is it to construct a 7 story apartment building on a 3,900 square foot lot? The dimensions are

Asked by Jon, Los Angeles, CA Wed Feb 13, 2008

The dimensions are narrow and long, 33' by 117'

0 votes Share Flag Tech Tips in 48104

Answers

3
Their answers are great with good advise, I also invite you to look at the Florida market.
Web Reference: http://www.rddrealty.com
Wow Jon,
Is it April 1st already? It does not seem realistic at all. Do you have plans for a building like you speak of? It sounds like unlikely that you could build such a building. But what do I know out here in Michigan. If you are looking for an investment why don't you come out here and buy some of our bargin rate properties? I know of a 160 unit apartment complex for under 4 million.
But like my co-worker Pam says you need to ask your local building & zoning board this question as it does vary so much from city to city across the nation. I do know that if this property is located by the water (in the south bay area of Hermosa Beach) you are limited to 30' so seven stories are just not happening. I would love to see plans or a sketch if you have either. Well, that's the answer you get from me at 6:15 AM. Good Luck Jon!
Jon....

You really need to check with the planning and zoning department. 33 feet feels pretty narrow. How about parking for the units?
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA