Tech Tips in Phoenix>Question Details

Ed, Both Buyer and Seller in California

How do I find a tenant to rent out MY downtown Phoenix condo when there are many other units available on?

Asked by Ed, California Sun Nov 18, 2007

Craigslist? I need some creative suggestions.

Answers

8
Ed,
You may have a sales office on the premises. If they are selling the units, they are probably renting them out. You did not state your location downtown but that would be my first course of action.

I would also ask an agent to list the rental on the MLS, great exposure. They can also place a lockbox on the unit to allow more agents to preview the unit.
Craig's List is great, I have had excellent luck with the service.

The best suggestion that I can make no matter which way you go is to stage it, make it look great, trendy, modern, no clutter. Take fabulous pictures with plenty of light.

Kindest Regards,
Catherine Kolodin, GRI
Realty Executives
480.239.7447
ckolodin@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 28, 2008
Some creative suggestions.

Offer one months free rent.
Offer maid service.
Offer free utilities
Offer a free weekend in Vegas.

adjust you monthly rent accordingly to the extra expense, or at least compensate some of the additional cost.

Or the time test true favorite..............Lower the rent.

Backpage.com
Flyer's Local offices/business in 10 minute walking distance
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2007
Mr.P, Other/Just Looking in Arizona
You may also want to check into Rentclicks.com. Craigslist is good, you just have to market and make your place look good.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2007
Craigslist is your best bet, but remember, they have a lot to choose from. Make sure you are competitively priced. What can you offer in your unit that others cannot? Additional parking? Views? No rear neighbors?

Keep ads on Craigs List short and quippy......include as many photos as you can. Respond to e-mails Immediately. Good luck!
Web Reference: http://www.cindihagley.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2007
Cindi Hagley…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA
You will want to set your rental rate to a competitive amount. Find out how much other units are going for each month and try to set yours either the same or lower. Whether renting or buying, people are all about price in this market.
Ed,
Obviously, a property management company or experienced REALTOR is the logical step. If you are opposed to that, Craigslist, AZCentral.com, rentalclick.com, etc will give you decent exposure. Can your designated statutory agent help you with posting flyers at the downtown ASU campus?
You might want to give Craigs List a shot, I have had good luck with it.
Web Reference: http://GetPrequalified.com
If I were you I would hire a great realtor who specializes in rentals.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2007