Tech Tips in 99006>Question Details

Judith, Other/Just Looking in Deer Park, TX

How can I get an Aeirel map of my property for fence line purposes?

Asked by Judith, Deer Park, TX Thu Oct 18, 2007

0 votes Share Flag Tech Tips in 99006

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Judith. If you have an established fence, you may be able to see it when you zoom in with google earth. However, please remember that an existing fence line is not necessarily the same as actual property lines. If you need to know where your property lines are, only a surveyor can determine those. You should have property corner markers, which can help you establish the property line. Many times fences have to be set back from the actual property line and you also have to watch existing easements.
I don't know close you can zoom in with google maps satellite imaging in Deer Park, WA.

Some local counties also have aerial photos available for different areas and you may want to check with your local government.
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 18, 2007
Ute Ferdig -…, Real Estate Pro in Newcastle, CA
Hi Judith,

Did you not receive a plat of survey when you purchased your property? That would clearly define the property lines.

An aerial map would rarely give you such a detailed view of property lines, but here is one you might check out. You can "zoom in" to get as close your address as possible.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 18, 2007
Patti Pereyra, Real Estate Pro in Chicago, IL
I need to find out how to find it online cause I got people starting thing with my boyfriend
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 13, 2013
how do u find your property line on online
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 13, 2013
Hi Judith,my neighbor took a metal pole off my property and made his own property line. He is on my property with his shed and so much other junk. I don't want to be enemies,but it is ruining my property value. Is there anything I can do without having a problem with him?thank you,effort,pa
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 14, 2011
Hi Judith, just touching bases to see if you ever got your photo? Dave Atherton 509 216 8589
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 19, 2009
Hi Judith, Go to On your left, you will see a place to insert your parcel number or address. (I am assuming your property is in Spokane County.) this will bring up your tax records. At the top of the record, to the right there is a block that says "Interactive Map" . Click on that block. You should get a picture or the aerial view with your line blocked out and typically highlighted in Red.

VERY IMPORTANT. This is NOT a survey or guarantee of exactly where you property lines are. In fact, the further north you go in this county, the more messed up the lines are. North of Montgomery in the Short/Spotted area, they are way off. But, they are usually good for an idea of where your property lies. Also, my recent experience has led me to have ZERO trust in fences. They are almost never exactly on the line. To enforce a fence line into being the boundary, you might have to go to an adverse possession law suit. I am not a lawyer so do not want to get into that. I would discuss generalities about that with you, but, only a lawyer could advise you on your best course of action if that is the issue.

If you want to know exactly where your corners are supposed to be, you may need to get a survey. Rudy at RFK on Garland has always taken very good care of my clients. Feel free to call him him and get an idea of costs. Believe it or not, a huge factor in the cost is where the nearest trustworthy survey was. He works any of the local counties. His # is (509) 324-7861. Feel free to call me if you do not have access to high speed internet and a printer. I would be happy to print it off for you. My number is 509 216 8589. (I do not spend much time at the office, so, it is better to call me. Dave Atherton, Real Estate marketplace NW, Inc Deer Park WA. If you need me to do this for you. Email me the parcel number (stevens or Spokane) and the address and I will by happy to print it off for you.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 19, 2008
Hi Judith, I suggest you contact a land surveyor to pinpoint exact locations.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 18, 2007
Hello Judith,

You may get a copy of all your information from a local title company, they should have a copy of your plat map included with your paperwork. Are you seeking infoormation about your fence line due to some type of encroachment? Also Google Earth shows a great aerial view of your property. Check your local government before you make any changes.

Good Luck,
Ken Herrera
Century 21 Infinity
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 18, 2007
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer