Question Details

Pascal D Des…, Real Estate Pro in 02060

Hello All! Which do you think is the best social network for promotion Facebook or Twitter? I'm using Google right now. Love to hear your

Asked by Pascal D Desrosiers, 02060 Fri Nov 16, 2012

feedback! Have a Facebook page but don't utilize it!

Answers

7
Realtypin’s answer
Hi Pascal; i think the best of them all will be Google plus which is a combination of Twitter and Facebook plus it will also help you with SEO for your website. I am new on Google plus and i think its an amazing Social network.
Web Reference: http://www.realtypin.com
I've yet to see somebody generate business through Twitter but I have seen Facebook done very well. An agent in my market takes photos of her buyers jumping in the air holding a Sold sign and posts the photos on her page. She tags the buyers in the photo. The buyers are often big FB users and the photos end up with loads of Likes, Comments,etc. I think it's awesome - it gets you in front of the buyers' sphere in the very best of ways.
Google+ is great for getting recognition on search engines. Unfortunately not many people use Google+ and that is why it is great to really use your facebook personal profile and fan page to get more people to see what you are doing.
Twitter is just a backup plan for business. Usually people on Twitter are also on Facebook. Some people only use Twitter and that is why it is important to post to Twitter every once in a while.
Pascal,

I love Facebook but I separate my business page. Google + is great too. I don't use Twitter but it can help you move up your google score.

Vera
I like Facebook. It is low key and you are building solid relationships with people
Of the two that you mentioned, I'd definitely say FB is the way to go. As an agent/broker you are able to congratulate your clients, add a photo, tag them (which allows their sphere to view) ... all the while you are reminding everyone that YOU ARE IN REAL ESTATE! This also allows you to offer your help to others that might comment on this post ... so many times they are contemplating making a move & will mention it on the post. It's FREE ... it's non-abrasive ... it WORKS!
I prefer referrals to any of those personally!