Tech Tips in Columbus>Question Details

Ginson Speich, Real Estate Pro in Columbus, OH

Has anyone seen an agent using an iframe to pull MLS through Facebook business pages?

Asked by Ginson Speich, Columbus, OH Wed Apr 10, 2013

Looking for advice on Facebook developer apps.

Answers

2
Hi Ginson,

I have been contacted by a company out in California, ( Sorry I don't have their name or number) that for a fee they can do that on your FB business page using widgets. It's actually very good but I did not subscribe because it all hinges on driving folks on FB to your FB business page. It would save a step for home buyers if it was possible to drive folks to your FB business page to do home searches instead of getting them to your FB page and then trying to drive them to your web site to do searches.

I asked if they had permission from FB to do this and they told me yes but I think a little more research is needed. As I understand it FB maintains proprietary rights to anything posted to their site and FB has been known to completely shut down a page if it feels it is breaking the rules.

Jeffrey Paeltz
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 11, 2013
Jeff,
Thank you for your answer. I am aware that there are companies out there that will do it for you. I am "nerding-out" and trying to develop it myself. I just was wondering if there were any like minded agents out there that have pulled it off.
Flag Thu Apr 11, 2013
Sure. My favorite Iframe app is fb.com/iframehost.

Easiest to use and can pull in any site you want to frame into your fanpage.