Tech Tips in Greenwich>Question Details

Robin Kencel, Real Estate Pro in Greenwich, CT

Best website address for a realtor?

Asked by Robin Kencel, Greenwich, CT Mon Oct 4, 2010

I"ve done the facebook, trulia and now active rain. I have decided that i need to get back to the basics and build my own website from the ground up. I'll link it to all my blogs and link my blogs to all my sites, and on and on so I won't leave Trulia, Active Rain and Facebook.

Starting from scratch, what name/website address should I choose?

I'm not very well versed in the SEO/SERP world, but was looking at everything from naming it to naming the website the name of my town (which will cost me thousands to buy from someone).

Should I have the key phrases "realtor" "buy" "homes" etc.... in the website address?

I know this is a big question, but I assume the actual address means a lot for search capibilities.

Thoughts on what is important?

Hello Scott,
I'm in agreement that you should use your town of expertise somewhere in the address. My suggestion is to look at what the top producing agents are doing on their sites for inspiration.
I hope this is helpful!

Laura Feghali
Prudential CT Realty
Hi Scott,

I have Z57 host my site and they do a pretty good job. They specialize in real estate websites. They'll help you set up, pick keywords and walk you thru set up and are always available for questions/answers and I actually receive quite a few leads thru my site. They are a little pricey, but it works out well for me. Also they have IDX connect to the MLS, which you will probably want.
Hope this helps. I'm sure you can find them at

Include the name of the area you specialize in most. Such as:, or Kevin is right though its all in the tags, keywords and behind the scenes stuff. Get a Geek to help you!
The address name means nothing. It's all keywords and phrases put in behind the scenes, and of course traffic. Other things factor in too such as does your site do what you say it does? Do people go to your website then back out or just leave? Is your site useful? All of these things matter more than the name. The benefit to a good name is that it is easy to remember for consumers, which might help in the web traffic department.

Using Realtor in the website name is against NAR rules, unless you had something describing yourself such as

Good luck to you, I wouldn't go it alone and reading boods on SEO is worse than watching paint dry. At least when paint dries you know what happened, and why it happened. SEO books leave you more confused than when you began the book.