Tech Tips in San Francisco>Question Details

Mike Hill, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA

Are there any agents out there in cyber land using the new 2.0 website technology?

Asked by Mike Hill, San Francisco, CA Thu Sep 27, 2007

Answers

9
Mike Kelly & Allison Norman’s answer
Web 2.0 is more interactive(blogging), intuitive aspect of the web. An example is when you go to Amazon and sign in and it says,'Hey Mike, here's a great book you might like!" And sure enough it follows your recent purchases and recognizes YOU when you sign on to the site. Web 2.0 recognizes the “threads” of your searches. If Realtor/Agents employed web.20, when someone revisited their web site, the site would know what "themes" they had studied last time they where there or what price point, type of home they searched via their IDX. Being in a chat forum like this is very basic web 2.0. A marvelous speaker on the subject, if you can keep up with him, is Dustin Luther. If you ever get a chance to hear him speak do so.

You can see his work at: http://www.raincityguide.com

Here’s a quote about his work: “Dustin Luther has created a must read real estate blogging resource, Rain City Guide, which includes his tireless and insightful observations, with a dash of fun and neat technology. He has also enlisted the help of a group of seasoned real estate experts to add to the already rich content.” ~January 7, 2007 Jonathan Miller, President/CEO, Miller Samuel Inc. and author of the Matrix
Start with LinkedIn and build up your sphere of influence. Ask your clients to offer testimonials about your service. Once you have this built up to about 100 contacts, start including your LinkedIn profile on your agent website. Start participating in more sites like Trulia. Then work with a team to tackle something like a blog.
Yes, most Trulians are using various types of web 2.0. Upgrading a website from web 1.0 to Web 2.0 is a bit more challenging. Gravitating to the third party sites, Trulia Voices, Zillow, AR, etc is the easy part,
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
Aren't all of us on this site using 2.0 technology? I also blog and use Linkedin and I try to be up to date. My web site is very old school so if there is a better mouse trap out there I'd like to know about it also.
Web Reference: http://www.jedlane.com
Jed Lane; Fog…, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA
Yes and very time consuming. PT2 is a very good website that sends out info and my listings for me. I happen to have the Professional version but the freebie will do it too!
Yes but it more of a stratgey versus pure technology. It also requires a lot of time to update edit and find new places to advertise.
Using-Yes; Mastering-No. I participate in blogging, Trulia, Zillow, using VT, etc. I'd be glad for tips from others as to what else to add to my toolbox.
Depends what you mean by "2.0 website technology." Blogs? Wikis? Facebook? Trulia? Zillow?
Web Reference: http://mioaklandcounty.com
Maureen Fran…, Real Estate Pro in Birmingham, MI