Patricia Jor…, Home Buyer in Arnold, CA

what are HOA dues, how far to grocery store, do you get alot of snow?

Asked by Patricia Jordan, Arnold, CA Fri Nov 23, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3004972985-55719-Wagon-Master…

Answers

3
Hi Patricia,
Both Thesa and Julie are correct. River Meadows is about 8-10 minutes to the grocery store, shops, and restaurants at Sunriver. Sunriver is a top destination resort with over 30 miles of paved bike trails, horseback riding, 2 golf courses, and the new SHARC aquatic facility all open to the public. River Meadows is a somewhat upscale community with paved bike trails, pool, tennis courts, clubhouse, and access to the Big Deschutes River, and is just miles to myriad lakes, rivers, mountains, and Mt. Bachelor skiing.
The snowfall seems to vary a great deal from year to year, from almost none to, very occasionally, a few feet overall. Roads in River Meadows are plowed in winter and the main roads outside the community are plowed by State and County. It's rare that getting around after a snowfall is an issue. You would have to clear your own driveway, but there are numerous snow plowing/blowing services in the area at nominal cost.
HOAs are currently $255/quarter.
I live and work in this area, so please feel free to email me or call if I can be of any further help.
Thanks.

Greg Barnwell
gbarn50@yahoo.com
541-848-7222
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 23, 2012
Patricia;

The grocery store that is about 15 minutes away is on the small side and in the resort of Sunriver. Spend another 10 minutes in the car and you can be in Bend where most of the folks living in this area actually go to do their shopping. River Meadows does have a pool and The Big Deschutes River, fairly strict CC&Rs - this site will tell you more about the neighborhood.
Web Reference: http://rivermeadows.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 23, 2012
Hi Patricia!

This is Julie Mehl, a licensed Realtor with John L Scott real estate in Bend, OR... with some answers for the questions you asked.

I recently showed a home on Wagon Master and so I am quite familiar. The area is gorgeous, but this community of homes just south of Sunriver definitely gets more snow than Bend, probably twice as much. The HOA dues are $255 each quarter, but they include: care of a paved street, Clubhouse/Rec Room, Pool, Sewer Assmt, and river access.

This neighborhood is about 5 miles or a 5 to 10 minute drive from the grocery stores, restaurants, shops, and other amenities at Sunriver.

Are you coming to visit Oregon in the near future? I would be glad to show you around. Are you looking for a permanent home or a vacation home?

Here to help,
Julie Mehl
juliemehl@johnlscott.com
thanks for information. I was just curious about the area. Not sure of my future plans yet. Pat Jordan
Flag Fri Nov 23, 2012